Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

9 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I see no insult. I see a truth with supporting facts to back it up.

But hey. Welcome to ignore. Population 1. Adios. 😘

Same, should’ve done this when you first acted like a child towards me in the forum almost 10 years ago.

Honestly, the saddest part about this is the fact that Rivera actually came out and said that they felt this move was needed because of how the other teams in the division have started. That because their chances of winning the division have increased from like 5% (estimated) to 9% (per 538), there’s no time to waste. 

I legitimately thought that was just people speculating about possible reasons why they’d make this move — I didn’t know the coach had actually come out and said something that stupid.

He literally said, and this is a quote: “If someone [in the division] was 4-0 or 3-1, OK. But there's a chance to win the division.” 

What that means is that they have altered the pre-existing plan because they perceive a better than expected chance to chase after a division crown. With what is one of the worst rosters in football. Because Philly’s offense and Dallas’s defense have started slowly in the first quarter of the season, they’ve decided to pack in the “evaluation year” and go for it with what is purportedly a win-now QB move.

Forget, for the moment, that they’re clearly terrible. Forget that if Rivera really believes his duty to try to help the players compete in a terrible division is so sacred, he could have used the past offseason trying to find them some actual help. Just focus on the fact that based on the outcomes of 4 weeks worth of games, our chief decision maker has concluded that we need to change course and scuttle the original plan. That is frightening. You either have a vision and a plan...or you don’t.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

Honestly, the saddest part about this is the fact that Rivera actually came out and said that they felt this move was needed because of how the other teams in the division have started. That because their chances of winning the division have increased from like 5% (estimated) to 9% (per 538), there’s no time to waste. 

I legitimately thought that was just people speculating about possible reasons why they’d make this move — I didn’t know the coach had actually come out and said something that stupid.

He literally said, and this is a quote: “If someone [in the division] was 4-0 or 3-1, OK. But there's a chance to win the division.” 

What that means is that they have altered the pre-existing plan because they perceive a better than expected chance to chase after a division crown. With what is one of the worst rosters in football. Because Philly’s offense and Dallas’s defense have started slowly in the first quarter of the season, they’ve decided to pack in the “evaluation year” and go for it with what is purportedly a win-now QB move.

Forget, for the moment, that they’re clearly terrible. Forget that if Rivera really believes his duty to try to help the players compete in a terrible division is so sacred, he could have used the past offseason trying to find them some actual help. Just focus on the fact that based on the outcomes of 4 weeks worth of games, our chief decision maker has concluded that we need to change course and scuttle the original plan. That is frightening. You either have a vision and a plan...or you don’t.

We can win at 4-12 it’s stupid to do it to win the division. I get sending a message that laying down or not playing hard will get you benched but playing to win our division is dumb. Unless he sees a lot of positives we aren’t seeing in practice where they actually can compete this move is crazy to me. All he should have said is I’m thinking about the best interest of each players on my roster for the now and long term and left it at that. That’s all that should have been said

20 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

We can win at 4-12 it’s stupid to do it to win the division. I get sending a message that laying down or not playing hard will get you benched but playing to win our division is dumb. Unless he sees a lot of positives we aren’t seeing in practice where they actually can compete this move is crazy to me. All he should have said is I’m thinking about the best interest of each players on my roster for the now and long term and left it at that. That’s all that should have been said

So much what you and @e16bball just said. I thought Rivera would treat Haskins how he did Cam, but man was I duped. I’m the one who looks like the fool now for believing in what he was saying and @naptownskinsfan looks like Einstein.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

So much what you and @e16bball just said. I thought Rivera would treat Haskins how he did Cam, but man was I duped. I’m the one who looks like the fool now for believing in what he was saying and @naptownskinsfan looks like Einstein.

I hate that I am right.  I really want to be wrong, but I can't be that positive about this team anymore knowing what has happened over the last 21 years under Snyder's watch.  

I get that there is an opportunity of sorts, but it is not worth the long-term rebuild.  It's why I am glad that the Orioles decided to cash out their tradable assets this year instead of cashing in some of their own prospects for players to make a run at the playoffs.  The short-term gain is not worth the long-term payoff.  

8 hours ago, daskins said:

I am on this side of it.   Haskins does seems to be growing, but not at an NFL trajectory yet.  Rivera is stuck in a position of seeing this project through, or losing all of the guys that have worked so hard bc of that allegiance.  The dismissal of Thomas Davis' advice in the preseason was pretty telling.  Haskins has truly been helpless, and as a fan, I don't think I have ever  felt hopeful this year that something is good to happen when we have the ball.  Just because every 20 passes you do something great (39-yard dime to McLaurin was perfect), the rest for the most part has been garbage.  I think most people on this board could speak to a relationship they have had that they are glad they got out of.  Maybe next year...Rivera did seem to give him a lot of outs.   

There are ways you can still get around it in what you say at the press conference.  Or even not just demoting Haskins all of the way to fourth string.  Fact is, these guys a month ago voted Haskins as their captain on offense.  What has changed in four weeks to merit going back so far on this?  That's the million dollar question here.  

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Go back to RG3 Cousins. RG3 was sacked 14-16% of pass plays. Cousins came in, not getting the ball out of his hand any faster. 4% sack rate. Guys played better for him. Desean ran routes harder. Blockers fought harder. It was like a relief lifted off the offense. Could be looking at the same type effect. Never know.

I am not sure about if they played better for him or not.  But it was a simplified offense with RG3 under center, and they took those training wheels off when Cousins was the starter.  Much easier to stick to your blocking assignment or run the right route when you knew that Cousins was going to make all of the projections instead of 1-2 reads and then take off downfield and then you became a blocker, no matter your position. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

It's why I said that everything I have learned about leadership and leading teams and organizations made me cringe watching this.  Rivera just walked back everything he has said since he came here, and everything he is supposed to be about.  It's a lack of integrity.  That is going to cause more of the players to lose respect for HIM than he would lose sticking with Haskins.  

And now, I am on the boat with you and @lavar703.  They should have gotten the offense some help if this was the plan.  But it wasn't.  If this is how he is going to operate as the GM, then we need to get out of this agreement ASAP before he does more damage like BOB did with the Texans.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

@turtle28 @PARROTHEAD you guys both know better than to have the bickering going on like this.  Take this as an unofficial warning and make sure that you stick to the Ignore list.  I am feeling a bit generous based on tensions being high due to this right now.

It’s done, I blocked him.