2021 NFL Draft Thread

On 10/11/2020 at 4:33 PM, turtle28 said:

I’m worried Snyder is going to outlive me.

Same here. He's only a few years older than me. I said it before. Unless something drastic happens, I'm either:

1) Stuck with him as owner until I die

2) Going to be done with this team

3) Going to be done with the NFL in general

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

We're 5th.

We need to go winless the rest of the season, and have the Chargers, Jets, Falcons, and Giants (which would happen if we go winless) end up with 2 wins each.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Just a couple of my thoughts here. 

I feel pretty strongly that the Chargers and Falcons will each win 3 games at the least. They have too much talent (the Falcons on offense and the Chargers on both sides of the ball frankly) to be in the mix with these other bum squads. 

To me, based on what we’ve seen so far, the real contenders for the #1 pick are the Jets (head and shoulders favorites in my book, they’re the 2019 Bengals of this season), Giants, Jaguars, Bengals, and of course WFT. If Stafford gets injured or Lock doesn’t come back anytime soon, DET and DEN might have a shot at poking their head in there. 

My last point (which I started making before I got distracted and @MikeT14 jumped in and stole my thunder with his concise wisdom 😂) is that we really should win a lot of tiebreakers. It hurts that we’re playing two pretty good divisions, but our division is so bad that it should balance out. And then against the Giants, the only schedule difference is they have Chicago and Tampa Bay while we have Detroit and Carolina. I would think there’s very little chance they’ll take a tiebreaker over us. 

• Like 2

We’ll get one of the big three at QB and I’m cool with that. I like all three of them even though Lawrence would be ideal. I like Trey Lance more than Fields because I think his skill set is insane. NDSU is the Alabama of the FCS so it’s not like he’s playing for scrubs. Ultimately I think he’s the pick anyway. I’d love to have Sewell but unless we get the second pick I think he’s going to the Bengals. 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Just a couple of my thoughts here. 

I feel pretty strongly that the Chargers and Falcons will each win 3 games at the least. They have too much talent (the Falcons on offense and the Chargers on both sides of the ball frankly) to be in the mix with these other bum squads. 

To me, based on what we’ve seen so far, the real contenders for the #1 pick are the Jets (head and shoulders favorites in my book, they’re the 2019 Bengals of this season), Giants, Jaguars, Bengals, and of course WFT. If Stafford gets injured or Lock doesn’t come back anytime soon, DET and DEN might have a shot at poking their head in there. 

My last point (which I started making before I got distracted and @MikeT14 jumped in and stole my thunder with his concise wisdom 😂) is that we really should win a lot of tiebreakers. It hurts that we’re playing two pretty good divisions, but our division is so bad that it should balance out. And then against the Giants, the only schedule difference is they have Chicago and Tampa Bay while we have Detroit and Carolina. I would think there’s very little chance they’ll take a tiebreaker over us. 

I don't doubt any of that. I'm just saying that if we go winless the rest of the season and they win at least 2-3 games each. we have a real shot at #1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We’ll get one of the big three at QB and I’m cool with that. I like all three of them even though Lawrence would be ideal. I like Trey Lance more than Fields because I think his skill set is insane. NDSU is the Alabama of the FCS so it’s not like he’s playing for scrubs. Ultimately I think he’s the pick anyway. I’d love to have Sewell but unless we get the second pick I think he’s going to the Bengals. 

But NDSU is still as FCS team.  The level of talent (not competition) just isn't there.  And I am not saying this for the LULZ, but our fanbase will not be able to handle spending a top 5 pick on an FCS QB.  If you want to see this fanbase implode from already low levels, watch what happens if we draft Lance. 

30 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

But NDSU is still as FCS team.  The level of talent (not competition) just isn't there.  And I am not saying this for the LULZ, but our fanbase will not be able to handle spending a top 5 pick on an FCS QB.  If you want to see this fanbase implode from already low levels, watch what happens if we draft Lance. 

Seriously. This. 

30 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Honestly, I don’t care anymore. I’ve almost had it with the fanbase more so than the team itself. The fans on twitter are just toxic and the local media with the exception of Keim and Finlay annoy the hell out of me. If they take Lance then I’ll back him the same way I did RG3 and Haskins. If he ends up being terrible I won’t really care because it’s already happened a bunch of times before. The only way we’ll ever get out of this rut is to luck into a great QB because that’s the only thing that can out duel Snyder’s incompetence. A great QB cures all.  

I'm of the opinion that unless we are in position to draft T. Lawrence without trading up?

To draft a different position all together in the 1st Rd or trade down.

Haskins will probably be gone. (Hopefully by trade)

Alex Smith SHOULD be gone with his contract.

That leaves Kyle Allen who we should keep, with his familiarity with the playbook & he's young.

I would sign a veteran (healthy) QB in FA

Draft a QB from Rd 2 or beyond.

18 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't think the answer is any different if Dwayne is in there. 

The point I was looking for in the Simpsons gif was Rivera, Turner and Allen having a group hug, Haskins is not in that private circle. It’s a small club.