2021 NFL Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

what happens if we tie with the jets in records? otherwise, trey lance or justin fields. Who do you guys want?

I would take Fields.  If we are left to Lance, I would probably use that pick on more talent and either select Jamie Newman in the third, or forgo QB for a year and try again next year.  Let another team, with a better history, work on the FCS project QB.  This fanbase will implode if we draft that kind of QB.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

what happens if we tie with the jets in records? otherwise, trey lance or justin fields. Who do you guys want?

If the records are tied, it would go to strength of schedule. Given that the rest of the NFC East sucks so hard, it would be highly unlikely they would be in front of Washington. That said, should both teams tie on strength of schedule, it would go to a coin flip at the NFL Winter Meetings since Washington and the Jets don't play each other this year.

Something to consider:

Due to their tie, Cincinnati and Philadelphia are both 1-4-1.

If the draft was held after today, they would 9th and 10th, respectively.

The NFL is very unbalanced right now: really good teams combined with really bad teams, with not much in the meh-middle (the mehddle?). One win or one loss can radically change a franchise's draft position.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Edited by Woz
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I would take Fields.  If we are left to Lance, I would probably use that pick on more talent and either select Jamie Newman in the third, or forgo QB for a year and try again next year.  Let another team, with a better history, work on the FCS project QB.  This fanbase will implode if we draft that kind of QB.  

I also want to add, Mac Jones will be in serious conversation for us if we miss on Lawrence.  Yeah, he's got a lot of guys who will be playing on Sundays on his offense, but he decimated Georgia's #1 defense (#2 overall last year, and we didn't graduate many key players) and the same number of guys will be playing on Sunday for our defense.  He makes all of the throws and has the arm.  He will definitely be shooting up the boards as the season goes on. 

32 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yup. As much as his talent excites me, there's no way this fanbase has the patience for that. 

Hell...I don't even think our Coach-for-life has the patience for it.

17 minutes ago, Woz said:

Something to consider:

Due to their tie, Cincinnati and Philadelphia are both 1-4-1.

If the draft was held after today, they would 9th and 10th, respectively.

The NFL is very unbalanced right now: really good teams combined with really bad teams, with not much in the meh-middle (the mehddle?). One win or one loss can radically change a franchise's draft position.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Hence why I need the Jets and those others to win two games while we go winless for the remaining slate.

And the stupid Jets are screwing up my plans for world domination by losing badly today

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hence why I need the Jets and those others to win two games while we go winless for the remaining slate.

And the stupid Jets are screwing up my plans for world domination by losing badly today

The rest of the teams I could see getting a win or two along the way (the Giants directly from Washington).

I don't see how the Jets get one, though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

I don't like any of them.  Lance is a project.  I think Fields is a big question mark.  I would like to see what fields looks like if he had more regular pressure and generally less time to throw.  He often looks like he can just stand around for 4 seconds.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I don't like any of them.  Lance is a project.  I think Fields is a big question mark.  I would like to see what fields looks like if he had more regular pressure and generally less time to throw.  He often looks like he can just stand around for 4 seconds.

Wasn’t he the top recruit in the nation when he signed with Georgia? I mean, Fields is no slouch. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Wasn’t he the top recruit in the nation when he signed with Georgia? I mean, Fields is no slouch. 

Yep, and despite the knee injury, he looked solid in the playoffs last year.  320 yards on the eventual national champions being limited by a sprained knee and wearing a bulky brace.  B1G defenses are also no slouches.  I would be fine with Fields.  Mac Jones as well, and I'd even consider Jamie Newman in the third if we got, say, JaMarr Chase in the top five.  For Newman, I think a fall and winter working with Quincy Avery is going to be just as good as getting on the field for Georgia this year, maybe even better.  Think of it like an internship.  

• Like 1

A few good top FAs to consider is

QB Dak, Came

RB Drake

WR JuJu, Allen Robinson, Fuller, Watkins, Godwin

TE Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith, Everette

OT Ronnie Staley, David Bahtiarri, Taylor Moton

OG Sweezy, Fluker, Osemele, Thuney, Elflein 

OC Skurra, Pouncey 

LB Milano, Ragland, Lavonte David, Perryman, KJ Wright, Jayon Brown

CB King, Desir, Dunbar, Griffin, elder, ryan, Rhodes, awuzie, Kirkpatrick

S hooker, Harris, Simmons, sendejo, Bush, Neal