2021 NFL Draft Thread

Just now, turtle28 said:

Yeah, might want to look up Michael Thomas. I think he’s pretty good. Eddie George, I think he did alright for himself. Orlando Pace, Shawn Springs, Joey Galloway, they Big10 has had a bunch of defensive players over the years that have been good to great pros, same with offensive linemen. 

Like I said, I haven't done research outside of the first round. Michael Thomas was drafted in the second round.

Players drafted in the first round that tended to skew the score: Gabe Carimini, Prince Amukamara, Adrian Clayborn, Corey Luiget, AJ Jenkins, Jared Odrick, Aaron Maybin, Vontae Davis, Beanie Wells, Dustin Keller, Rashard Mendenhall, Vernon Gholston, Levi Brown, Adam Carriker, Anthony Spencer, Anthony Gonzalez, Santonio Holmes, Laurence Maroney, Bobby Carpenter, Braylon Edwards, Erasmus James, Fabian Washington, Luis Castillo, Marlin Jackson, Chris Perry, Chris Gamble, Michael Jenkins, Lee Evans, Robert Gallery, Charles Rogers, Jimmy Kennedy, Michael Haynes, Bryant Johnson, Napoleon Harris, TJ Duckett, Wendell Bryant, Michael Bennett, Jamar Fletcher, David Terrell

On 10/22/2020 at 12:50 AM, mar29020 said:

have we not learned our lesson about Ohio State QB's yet? they always suck

Agreed.

Texas Tech had shown they can develop QBs prior to Mahomes. Same with Watson at Clemson, Russell Wilson out of Wisconsin, Lamar out of Louisville, etc.

You need to scout the school, not the player. Always. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Agreed.

Texas Tech had shown they can develop QBs prior to Mahomes. Same with Watson at Clemson, Russell Wilson out of Wisconsin, Lamar out of Louisville, etc.

130221984383.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Agreed.

What do you think of Lance? Part of scouting the school matters but what happens when a guy comes out of a school with no previous guys because there are plenty of schools who have never had QB’s selected high or even drafted. You can look at system or coaches as well but ultimately I think what’s just as important as that is the staff they go to is just as important maybe even then where their coming from. But I like that thought because it is a tool for sure

13 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

What do you think of Lance? Part of scouting the school matters but what happens when a guy comes out of a school with no previous guys because there are plenty of schools who have never had QB’s selected high or even drafted. You can look at system or coaches as well but ultimately I think what’s just as important as that is the staff they go to is just as important maybe even then where their coming from. But I like that thought because it is a tool for sure

It's all about tools, mental makeup, and situation they go to/development.

As far as Lance, he has all the raw tools to be great. Just have to have a good situation for him to come into. Likely needs a bit of time for development and you want a good offensive coaching staff ideally probably there to develop him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Agreed.

Why would you scout a school? I’m sorry, but your point & mar’s makes no sense. You 100% scout and evaluate prospects, NOT schools. 

If you’re scouting a school then Terry Bradshaw, Roger Stalbauch, Dan Marino, John Elway, Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, Ryan Tanehill, Carson Wentz, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Dashaun Watson, Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray wouldn’t have been drafted high.

When these QBs were drafted in round 1, their programs weren’t not known for putting QBs into the league that were successful NFL QBS, but them as prospects were worthy of their high selection in the draft.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Why would you scout a school? I’m sorry, but your point & mar’s makes no sense. You 100% scout and evaluate prospects, NOT schools. 

If you’re scouting a school then Terry Bradshaw, Roger Stalbauch, Dan Marino, John Elway, Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, Ryan Tanehill, Carson Wentz, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Dashaun Watson, Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray wouldn’t have been drafted high.

When these QBs were drafted in round 1, their programs weren’t not known for putting QBs into the league that were successful NFL QBS, but them as prospects were worthy of their high selection in the draft.

Man...

GranularGracefulChimpanzee-size_restrict

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Are you seriously taking my post seriously? I felt like I laid the sarcasm on awfully thick...

Yikes.

Sorry, it’s nearly impossible to read sarcasm through text and gif. If your post was all in sarcasm from earlier I apologize but I didn’t know.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sorry, it’s nearly impossible to read sarcasm through text and gif. If your post was all in sarcasm from earlier I apologize but I didn’t know.

Lol it's fine, but I literally named QBs that came from programs who had very little to no success as far as QBs going pro prior to them. So I figured it was easily seen. @MikeT14 picked up on it.

Swing and a miss for me I guess.

24 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lol it's fine, but I literally named QBs that came from programs who had very little to no success as far as QBs going pro prior to them. So I figured it was easily seen. @MikeT14 picked up on it.

Swing and a miss for me I guess.

I'll give you a bunt strike out for my part ;)