2021 NFL Draft Thread

If we beat the Giants (who are playing better), we will be in the driver's seat for this division.

That's what I want...Nothing changes a culture faster, than winning games & making the playoffs. Even if we get in at 7-9 or 8-8.

I couldn't care less, what our draft position will be right now. We can worry about that when the season is over.

I want a 1st Rd home game vs a team that will not only probably have a better record than us, but probably more talented as well.

Cause by then, we should know what we got in Kyle Allen & many other players on this roster. 

I personally think with this defense, we could make some noise.

And don't forget.....

Even if we make the playoffs?

Were probably going to have the highest draft pick of the whole group of 14 teams because of our record.

In years past it would have been number 20. (12 teams in playoffs)

But now?

We would be picking @#18, unless we make the SB. (Which is #31 & #32 respectively)

So make the playoffs...

And either pick #18

Or #31/#32.

That's my goal for this team.

We could land a very good player at #18, folks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

If we beat the Giants (who are playing better), we will be in the driver's seat for this division.

That's what I want...Nothing changes a culture faster, than winning games & making the playoffs. Even if we get in at 7-9 or 8-8.

I couldn't care less, what our draft position will be right now. We can worry about that when the season is over.

I want a 1st Rd home game vs a team that will not only probably have a better record than us, but probably more talented as well.

Cause by then, we should know what we got in Kyle Allen & many other players on this roster. 

I personally think with this defense, we could make some noise.

And don't forget.....

Even if we make the playoffs?

Were probably going to have the highest draft pick of the whole group of 14 teams because of our record.

In years past it would have been number 20. (12 teams in playoffs)

But now?

We would be picking @#18, unless we make the SB. (Which is #31 & #32 respectively)

So make the playoffs...

And either pick #18

Or #31/#32.

That's my goal for this team.

We could land a very good player at #18, folks.

A team with holes all over its roster potentially losing its center and guard has no business picking 18th and being happy about it. We have two wins. We suck really badly. We have nothing at QB. The Cowboys might be the worst team in the league and that win has clouded so many people’s judgement. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

A team with holes all over its roster potentially losing its center and guard has no business picking 18th and being happy about it. We have two wins. We suck really badly. We have nothing at QB. The Cowboys might be the worst team in the league and that win has clouded so many people’s judgement. 

THIS ^^^^.

People act like this roster is talented and just needs to win a few games to get confidence. 

Our offense resembles the product of the last time I walked my dog. And we've beaten the Iggles and Girls.

That's like me saying I can play in the NBA because I can dunk on my 2 year old son.

46 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

THIS ^^^^.

People act like this roster is talented and just needs to win a few games to get confidence. 

Our offense resembles the product of the last time I walked my dog. And we've beaten the Iggles and Girls.

That's like me saying I can play in the NBA because I can dunk on my 2 year old son.

And don’t forget, we needed Carson Wentz to go Jameis Winston to come back and beat the Eagles. They were soundly whipping our butts until Wentz and Pederson worked their magic. 

• Like 2

There’s no substitute for confidence. We have a RB. We have Terry. With Schreff and Moses and Chase we don’t know how that unit gels. Yes we need to upgrade the Ol this offseason but they could get hot. No that doesn’t force us to overpay a over achiever. But we have to beat bad ones before you can play up to good ones. 

if we keep watching Mini Luke on defense and if Kyle Allen can keep looking like a poor mans Kirk then we don’t know what we actually are!!! Yes we are playing bad teams but this defensive front is either too good to lose like we’re hoping or we’ve completely missed on our draft picks bad!!!!  Chase Sweat Allen Payne Fuller Holecomb and Curl man we should start bullying offenses as they get more reps together. We talk about this team like the team is a veteran unit like we are progressing!!! Yes the teams were beating suck suck. But what if they get a spark? What if Chase just starts going off? I’m sorry but the doom and gloom I’m sorry we have bright young players that very well can flash and all the sudden we’re playing ball. Confidence is a powerful thing. No we’re not deep!!! But we have ball players where it matters to control a clock

Miller's first mock:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2916419-2021-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-trade-deadline-predictions 

7. Washington — QB Trey Lance, North Dakota State

The Dwayne Haskins experiment is over in Washington, and new head coach Ron Rivera will have a chance to choose his own quarterback in the 2021 NFL draft. With Lawrence and Fields off the board, the team will have Trey Lance on the board and should be very excited about a quarterback with arguably the most potential of any in the class.

Lance, whose NDSU Bison played just one game this season, dominated in 2019 as a redshirt freshman, totaling 42 touchdowns (28 passing) and no interceptions. He’s athletic, has NFL arm talent and is a big-time playmaker. And while Lance does need time to acclimate to the speed of a pro game, the system he’s coming from in college did prepare him well for the NFL and should allow him to play sooner than later; especially if his offensive system is catered to his strengths as a runner and on-the-move thrower. 

Washington has a number of needs to fill this offseason, but it all starts with getting the right quarterback in place. Lance is the best of those available.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I like Lance he just hasn't played enough for me to be sure on him.I Firmly think we can't go devolopmental QB in 1st,A day 1 guy like T Law or maybe Fields sure but not a guy that will need time. One he wouldn't get the time as backup he needs most likely and two when he got in He'd be in same boat as Haskins with Talent around him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I like Lance he just hasn't played enough for me to be sure on him.I Firmly think we can't go devolopmental QB in 1st,A day 1 guy like T Law or maybe Fields sure but not a guy that will need time. One he wouldn't get the time as backup he needs most likely and two when he got in He'd be in same boat as Haskins with Talent around him.

His legs are going to help him develop. Being able to run helps matters and he appears to be built like a tank. I’d love the pick although I’m very much in the minority here. I don’t see them passing on Parsons though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

His legs are going to help him develop. Being able to run helps matters and he appears to be built like a tank. I’d love the pick although I’m very much in the minority here. I don’t see them passing on Parsons though. 

Why not he hasn’t played a down? I think it’s crazy to think just because they were too 5 they still will be. Love Parsons!!! I’m with you I think they will have a hard time passing on him. Heck they could double up Penn St with their top 2 picks. I love Lance and his legs will allow him to play before his QB skills are refined. But they said Herbert needed time. Guys either take the wheel or they don’t. Not saying they can’t improve if they don’t show something immediately. But it seems like the guys that belong tend to show it early and often

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I like Lance just don't see us going with a QB expected to sit to start the season esp if Ron has roster power think he'd use it for someone to win now Like Parson WR or LT before going with a QB that if things go right don't see the field for awhile

26 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Why not he hasn’t played a down? I think it’s crazy to think just because they were too 5 they still will be. Love Parsons!!! I’m with you I think they will have a hard time passing on him. Heck they could double up Penn St with their top 2 picks. I love Lance and his legs will allow him to play before his QB skills are refined. But they said Herbert needed time. Guys either take the wheel or they don’t. Not saying they can’t improve if they don’t show something immediately. But it seems like the guys that belong tend to show it early and often

I love Lance. He reminds me a lot of Josh Allen. Not highly recruited, went to a smaller school and flourished. Both are extremely athletic, big and have powerful arms. I know people are scared of him but I think he has all the ability in the world. But passing on Parsons would be tough. I just think they’ll take him if he’s available 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I love Lance. He reminds me a lot of Josh Allen. Not highly recruited, went to a smaller school and flourished. Both are extremely athletic, big and have powerful arms. I know people are scared of him but I think he has all the ability in the world. But passing on Parsons would be tough. I just think they’ll take him if he’s available 

I'm going to be very interested in how teams view the opt out players,we always hear the questions before the draft do they love Football and know some DUMB coaches and gms are gonna to think they don't love it enough since they opted out

Did a quick simulated mock with Trey Lance as our first rd pick. 

Trey Lance QB/NDS

Jackson Carman OT/ Clemson

Jabril Cox LB/LSU

Zion Johnson OG/BC

Trevon Moehrig S/TCU

Kadarius Toney WR/Florida

Luke Farrell TE/OHIO ST

Jahan Dotson WR/ Penn St

I think I would be happy with these picks. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Did a quick simulated mock with Trey Lance as our first rd pick. 

Trey Lance QB/NDS

Jackson Carman OT/ Clemson

Jabril Cox LB/LSU

Zion Johnson OG/BC

Trevon Moehrig S/TCU

Kadarius Toney WR/Florida

Luke Farrell TE/OHIO ST

Jahan Dotson WR/ Penn St

I think I would be happy with these picks. 

Cox is also from NDSU (he transferred this year). He's a beast.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

As much as Rivera and Turner love Allen, it's not unreasonable that they can use him to hold the fort for at least a whole season more. I am still believing the complete opposite of the spectrum, but just throwing a possibility out there.