SNF: Vikings at Seahawks

SotanKing

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Hell no. Pressure is the reason Wilson marched down the field. You have to make it literally impossible for him to come back given the time left on the clock. Giving the ball back at one point left him enough time for one drive, and he was getting it no matter what. In fact he probably would've had better field position after the kickoff. But needing two drives? That's where it might have gotten tough for him, and that was their only shot.

Dude have people seriously like, not watched this guy before?? He's done this his WHOLE career it's infuriating.

I am with you 100%... It was 4th & inches, every NFL team should be able to convert that. You really trust your defense to stop Russell Wilson from scoring on a 75 yard drive and get a 2 point conversion over gaining a few inches on offense OR preventing Wilson from scoring on a 94 yard drive?

(or is key there, because let's not forget the Vikings still had to let up a 94 yard drive to lose that game in the event they are unable to get a few inches...)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

So you think he tried less lol?

We can only base it on what we actually saw happening.  

I don't think it's like...conscious, on his part. Same reason he didn't PURPOSELY miss the throw on 3rd down, or didn't purposely try to get into 4th and 10 earlier in the drive. And he wasn't trying less all the first half. He just has that "thing" where he somehow gets it done with it absolutely positively HAS to get done (I mean besides all of the years he didn't win a Super Bowl but whatever).

And the thing we actually saw happening was based on the circumstances of the game, and thus has no bearing on what would have happened if the context was different. And that's entirely what my point hinges on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I don't think it's like...conscious, on his part. Same reason he didn't PURPOSELY miss the throw on 3rd down, or didn't purposely try to get into 4th and 10 earlier in the drive. And he wasn't trying less all the first half. He just has that "thing" where he somehow gets it done with it absolutely positively HAS to get done (I mean besides all of the years he didn't win a Super Bowl but whatever).

And the thing we actually saw happening was based on the circumstances of the game, and thus has no bearing on what would have happened if the context was different. And that's entirely what my point hinges on.

I just think it's ridiculous to assume that he would not try as hard to complete the 2pt conversion (knowing that it would put them a FG ahead in case anything goes awry) than he would have with a OT on the line. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I just think it's ridiculous to assume that he would not try as hard to complete the 2pt conversion (knowing that it would put them a FG ahead in case anything goes awry) than he would have with a OT on the line. 

Yes that would be ridiculous, which is why I don't think that, and never said I did.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Russ aint lame. At worst, alittle corny. 

That's as much as i can say without getting too political. 

Super corny. And I think that second "thing" is why so many people get their back up when I say that I think he's lame, even though that isn't why I feel that way. Plenty of dudes in this league are in line with Russell and I don't think they're lame like him.