Can Dalton be the next “Tannehill”?

RUGmen

13 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm not sure there's any other example of it though.

Steve Young? From 2282 8/13 as a former #1 pick for Tampa Bay to competent backup to Joe Montana until 1992 - where he blossomed into a HoF QB at 31?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Dalton was been “Tannehill” before. Look no further than his 2015 season. With a top notch supporting cast he can look like an MVP candidate. I still think the Cowboys can win the division with Dalton at the helm.

I think they will.

It's there to be taken, at least.

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Steve Young? From 2282 8/13 as a former #1 pick for Tampa Bay to competent backup to Joe Montana until 1992 - where he blossomed into a HoF QB at 31?

Didn't remember Young being that old when he broke out. I knew about the struggles with Tampa but I thought he was still pretty young when he took over for Montana. Good call.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Didn't remember Young being that old when he broke out. I knew about the struggles with Tampa but I thought he was still pretty young when he took over for Montana. Good call.

I had to do a double take as well, but he started in the league back in 1985...

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I don't know if I agree with this. AJ Green is the best of the WR units, but the depth of the Dallas unit is hard to compare against...and Zeke Elliott is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Law Firm and Gio Bernard in 2013 and Jeremy Hill/Bernard in 2015 (SIGNIFICANTLY better, as in... I feel bad for BJGE, Hill and Bernard for ever being put in this comparison, because they never stood a chance).

Eifert is better than Schultz, but it wasn't like rookie Eifert was a terror (39/445/2). 2015 Eifert, sure but by then you had AJ Green regressing a bit (about 12 receptions for 200 yards less) so it's a wash for the most part.

I'm of the belief your division blinders undersells this Cowboys offense.

Our OL is horrific though. Which swings it back the Bengals way. 

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

I don't know if I agree with this. AJ Green is the best of the WR units, but the depth of the Dallas unit is hard to compare against...and Zeke Elliott is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Law Firm and Gio Bernard in 2013 and Jeremy Hill/Bernard in 2015 (SIGNIFICANTLY better, as in... I feel bad for BJGE, Hill and Bernard for ever being put in this comparison, because they never stood a chance).

Eifert is better than Schultz, but it wasn't like rookie Eifert was a terror (39/445/2). 2015 Eifert, sure but by then you had AJ Green regressing a bit (about 12 receptions for 200 yards less) so it's a wash for the most part.

I'm of the belief your division blinders undersells this Cowboys offense.

Not at all. I just value O-lines and Dallas does not have one.

• They are playing their 4th and 5th OTs.
  • Green Jones Sanu Eifert > Dallas' top 4 targets.
  • Is Wilson at 5 better than Hawkins? I doubt it.
  • Gio was also far superior to Zeke or Pollard as a receiver even if Zeke is theoretically a clearly a better YPC back than anything Cincy had
    • 9.2 and 9.6 yards per catch in those 2 seasons

The Bengals top 2 backs had 12 and 13 TDs in those 2 seasons. (Zeke and Pollard are on a pace for about 19 TDs)

Zeke and Pollard are on a pace to combine for 1363 yards rushing and 2038 yards from scrimmage

• Hill and Gio had 1524 and 2079
  • Law Firm and Gio had 1451 and 1987
  • I don't see any great difference

So I think that you think 2020 Zeke is running behind the 2016-2019 Cowboys O-line.

Zeke's yards per game rushing by year

2013 Cincy did not just have Eifert.  There is no wash at TE

• Eifert and Gresham combined for 907 and 6.
  • In 2015 their 3 TEs had 814 and 13

You are free to like the current No Dak No OTs Cowboys offense better than the 2013 or 2105 Bengals offense (we can verify rankings at the end of the year)

If you think Dalton is jumping into a much better situation and he can finally shine then you are seeing something I am not.

On 10/14/2020 at 1:33 PM, Rodjahs12 said:

Tannehill’s very much playing himself into the elite conversation at this point. 

Why don't you just wait longer before jumping to that kind of conclusion?  

He's only had one season with Tennessee and hasn't played a game since last month after his team was ravaged by COVID.  

7 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Dalton was been “Tannehill” before. Look no further than his 2015 season. With a top notch supporting cast he can look like an MVP candidate. I still think the Cowboys can win the division with Dalton at the helm.

Yeah.....nothing to do with Dalton though.  

NFC East is the worst division in the league right now.  

Johnny Manziel can come out from under a bridge and win that division.  

1 minute ago, RamblinMan99 said:

He's only had one season with Tennessee and hasn't played a game since last month after his team was ravaged by COVID.  

He just played two days ago....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I swear you just make stupid posts for attention.

No way youre this consistently ignorant.

Edited by 43M

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Yeah.....nothing to do with Dalton though.  

NFC East is the worst division in the league right now.  

Johnny Manziel can come out from under a bridge and win that division.  

Well, no. You still need competent quarterback play to win the division.