GDT: Texans (1-4) at Titans (4-0)

Titans fan 617

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I still can't get over how bad the defense is.

I mean it is horrific. No real pass rush. No pass coverage.
Only thing we do reasonably is run defense because of Big Jeff.

People in here seem to forget who is on that offense. Watson, Fuller, Cobb, Cooks, Fells. By no means is our defense perfect. We have some things to shore up. We need Adoree back. He is clearly by far our best corner. We have been relying on two rookie corners a lot of the time. He makes a huge huge difference. We will get off the field with him there on at least a third of those third and longs. And that is game changing. Butler just cant guard number ones. I think if you slot him against wr2 he can actually look decent and sometimes makes some great plays. Our defense has showed some great spurts here and there, I think it is something that can grow over time.  

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

People in here seem to forget who is on that offense. Watson, Fuller, Cobb, Cooks, Fells. By no means is our defense perfect. We have some things to shore up. We need Adoree back. He is clearly by far our best corner. We have been relying on two rookie corners a lot of the time. He makes a huge huge difference. We will get off the field with him there on at least a third of those third and longs. And that is game changing. Butler just cant guard number ones. I think if you slot him against wr2 he can actually look decent and sometimes makes some great plays. Our defense has showed some great spurts here and there, I think it is something that can grow over time.  

Dude the defense has been bad all year.... Adoree coming back isn’t fixing that.

• Like 1

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Naw this defense has allowed everyone to pass on them. 
You are a NFL defense you should be able to stop 3rd and long more times than not. 

I think people are making it seem like Adoree is like Prime Time back there. He makes mistakes too and gets burned and hasn't played football since last season. 

Adoree is not going to transform this defense. It something wrong with them. Can't rush the pass and can't cover the pass. 

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Dude the defense has been bad all year.... Adoree coming back isn’t fixing that.

It's possible it will. I think Vrabel is calling plays soft because of it. We will see, but I think things change with Adoree back. Not to any crazy level, but a noticeable difference.

16 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I had work today and missed most the game. Only saw the final drive and the OT drive. What a win. 

5-0 and we still can be so much better. That’s a scary thought.

Ya if this defense actually starts playing good, not great but just good this team can be scary good 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

You are a NFL defense you should be able to stop 3rd and long more times than not. 

I think people are making it seem like Adoree is like Prime Time back there. He makes mistakes too and gets burned and hasn't played football since last season. 

Adoree is not going to transform this defense. It something wrong with them. Can't rush the pass and can't cover the pass. 

With Adoree back it gives us the ability to play some more man instead of a soft zone 

But like your saying he’s not going to transform it but he will help it 

But the bigger issue is who is actually gonna get to the QB?

Landry will but we need more than Landry

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya if this defense actually starts playing good, not great but just good this team can be scary good 

That’s all we need. If they can play at the same level they did vs Buffalo, look out...

BTW, it’s obvious at this point that Tannehill/Henry is among the best offensive duos in the league. So glad we found a way to bring both back.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Never said he was Prime. Last year Adoree was a top 15 cornerback, According to PFF. Watching our corners if we can get a top 20 corner out of him, that would make a huge difference. I am not saying we are all the sudden going to become a top 5 d. We do not need a top 5 d. You see our offense? We just need a D that can make big plays. And with players like Clowney and Simmons getting time to sack the QB could be a turnover nightmare for opposing teams.

18 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

simmons had a monster of a game. i think he was involved in basically every good play we had, and he saved the game for us by tipping watson's pass on the 2 point conversion. unfortunately every single other player on defense sucked lol

yeah, that guy was WIDE open in the end zone