Week 7 SNF GDT: Buccaneers (3-2) @ Raiders (3-2) - IT WAS A FUMBLE, TOM.

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Such a pain in the *** man. Covid isn't anyones fault but if TB wasn't following the rules and contracted it, then gave it to our team I would fire him into the freaking sun. What a jackass.

The entire point of these protocols is that IF someone does get COVID through no fault of their own they can reduce chances of exposing it to someone else. By not following the protocol he could've screwed over the whole team. May well still if anyone else tests positive over the next days. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Why don’t they move the game to Tuesday? Give our team more time to prep for this unfortunate set of conditions. 

I would honestly prefer it.  Sucks that we would have a quick turnaround but they could easily move the Browns Raiders game back as well to allow more time between games.  Make the Browns Raiders an early Monday game.  They have so much flexibility but they don't even want to use it.  Damn you Roger Goodell.

so irresponsible and shows lack of GAF if all the reports are true about Trent not following protocol. First you miss games for lets call it for what it is(being out of shape) then you put the team at risk by being a jerk and not following protocol  As a team(from the outside looking in)weve done a poor job of following the mask guidelines(Gruden getting fined, Wallers event and now reports of guys not wearing masks and tracking device) Just when stuff goes well, we have to deal with this BS. The Raiders cant have nice things smfh. So frustrating. 

I told everyone Trent would find a way to not play again. Obviously I’m not saying non-sense like he got it purpose, but possibly careless on purpose. This guy doesn’t wanna play. He’s another JaMarcus/Haynesworth (although at least he tries when he does play). He’s gonna play 10-11 games a year for us. 

Next year he’ll play 10 games also. 

2022 he’ll play all 16 cause it’s a contract year. Rinse and Repeat. This is what this dude does... all about the money.

He always milks his injuries to the point his coaches get fed up. Probably 45 of 53 players are not 100% when they go out there. But Trent literally has to be 110% to play a football game. All about the $$$. 

I don’t want him back next year.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t want him back next year.

Yeah, I agree that he's probably gone after this season unless he only misses this week, dominates the rest of the season, and has a good playoff run. Luckily we can cut him with no dead cap after the season and save $14M. 

I don't think we get rid of Trent necessarily. As much as availability is a factor, we really don't know how bad his calf injury was. I'm giving him a pass with the COVID stuff. It's a weird year and honestly at least he didn't get some season ending injury like say Lewan.

He has been near elite on the field at a premium position and is only 27. I think if he plays well (which he will), he stays.

It's hard to draft tackles in this league. They bust so often (look at how bad McGlinchey has been this year) and in a division with these kinds of pass rushers, you don't want a mediocre starter at a tackle position (cough cough brandon parker).

Unless I go back and watch Goode and am convinced that he's the answer (maybe), I'd rather keep trent at the pretty reasonable cap hits of 14ish million than try to find a mediocre replacement at one of the most important positions in football.

The OL is the identity of this team. If you can, you keep them together.

There are much more worthy/replaceable cuts TBH, including gabe (sad to say), joyner, and tyrell williams. All of those guys could free up huge money without creating big needs (provided we resign Good).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think we get rid of Trent necessarily. As much as availability is a factor, we really don't know how bad his calf injury was. I'm giving him a pass with the COVID stuff. It's a weird year and honestly at least he didn't get some season ending injury like say Lewan.

Unless I go back and watch Goode and am convinced that he's the answer (maybe), I'd rather keep trent at the pretty reasonable cap hits of 14ish million than try to find a mediocre replacement at one of the most important positions in football.

The OL is the identity of this team. If you can, you keep them together.

There are much more worthy/replaceable cuts TBH, including gabe (sad to say), joyner, and tyrell williams. All of those guys could free up huge money without creating big needs (provided we resign Good).

Our OL has been significantly worse, particularly with run blocking, without Brown at RT. The only issue is after today he will have missed like 10/22 possible games. 

Brown is an All-Pro level player when he's on the field and it's not easy to find OT's like that. And as you said he's due for $14M in 2021 and $15M in 2022 but he has no dead cap in either of those years so we could move on without any financial issues. Good played well in mop up duty but he certainly isn't our RT of the future. 

Gruden said he wants our identity to be a smash mouth, run first type of team. And you need a great OL to do that. Plus we've seen Carr play at a borderline elite level when he has a great OL while just okay when he doesn't. Gabe Jackson hasn't played great this season and Incognito is getting older so if you cut Brown you're looking at having to potentially replace 3 starters on the OL. 

Depending on how the rest of the year plays out I'd like to keep Brown for at least 2021. But spend a 2nd round draft pick on another big OT, someone like Daniel Faalele out of Minnesota or Jackson Carman out of Clemson. That way you have an insurance policy behind Brown and a cheap replacement for him when you have to pay Kolton Miller and want to move on. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Thankfully he won’t be available for our game...

Hopefully more motivation for the players to win now that TB have that loser on board.

Won't help them on the field but he may have an old Raiders playbook laying around somewhere. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Won't help them on the field but he may have an old Raiders playbook laying around somewhere. 

Where I have seen this before.... 

Oh yeah that’s right, when Gruden/Tampa knew our PB in the Super Bowl and is on mic saying he’s basically dumbfounded how much of it is the same.