Week 7 SNF GDT: Buccaneers (3-2) @ Raiders (3-2) - IT WAS A FUMBLE, TOM.

RaidersAreOne

Not the best situation but you should get back 4 of your 5 OL. Need Sam Young to step up big at RT. Maybe even get to see more snaps for I. Johnson at Safety. Which he has gotten some the past two games. 

This is a clear message the NFL sent to the Raiders by not moving this game back. What better way to give the NFL a big F U then by winning this game. I am excited to watch this game. We will learn a lot about the character of this team. They can easily lay down or go out there and kick some *ss

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Our OL has been significantly worse, particularly with run blocking, without Brown at RT. The only issue is after today he will have missed like 10/22 possible games. 

Brown is an All-Pro level player when he's on the field and it's not easy to find OT's like that. And as you said he's due for $14M in 2021 and $15M in 2022 but he has no dead cap in either of those years so we could move on without any financial issues. Good played well in mop up duty but he certainly isn't our RT of the future. 

Gruden said he wants our identity to be a smash mouth, run first type of team. And you need a great OL to do that. Plus we've seen Carr play at a borderline elite level when he has a great OL while just okay when he doesn't. Gabe Jackson hasn't played great this season and Incognito is getting older so if you cut Brown you're looking at having to potentially replace 3 starters on the OL. 

Depending on how the rest of the year plays out I'd like to keep Brown for at least 2021. But spend a 2nd round draft pick on another big OT, someone like Daniel Faalele out of Minnesota or Jackson Carman out of Clemson. That way you have an insurance policy behind Brown and a cheap replacement for him when you have to pay Kolton Miller and want to move on. 

Its a tricky situation. You'd like Trent Brown to be more reliable but cutting him may be a very knee jerk reaction, we must have a short memory of watching guys like Cornell Green, Khalif Barnes, Austin Howard, Marshall Newhouse and Menelik Watson man the right side. I'd reluctantly give him the benefit of the doubt but maybe keep a short leash moving forward. It's a big decision cutting an All Pro type talent.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Glad they moved Irving to the main roster. He’s a pass rusher go get the QB it’s not that hard to learn. Plus he already knows the system. Best way to get into football shape is by playing. Give him 15 snaps and let’s see what he can do 

Hopefully Collins and Nassib play as well so we can rotate our DL all game. 

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we lose because Abram is out. Unfortunate, but what can you do.

I don't think that's the deal breaker. I still think Brady throws a pick because he's turnover prone these days and if our offense does what it's done all year long then I think we can pull it off. Two weeks to study footage, hopefully the extra time to prep is the difference.

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't think that's the deal breaker. I still think Brady throws a pick because he's turnover prone these days and if our offense does what it's done all year long then I think we can pull it off. Two weeks to study footage, hopefully the extra time to prep is the difference.

I admire your trust in our back end, but I just don't believe in Erik Harris back there versus Evans, Godwin, Scotty Miller, and Gronk. If those guys can get behind us at any point, it's no bueno.

We have a chance for sure. I think our offense can be special when everyone is healthy. But yeah we'll have to hope for some turnovers and see what shakes out.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I admire your trust in our back end, but I just don't believe in Erik Harris back there versus Evans, Godwin, Scotty Miller, and Gronk. If those guys can get behind us at any point, it's no bueno.

We have a chance for sure. I think our offense can be special when everyone is healthy. But yeah we'll have to hope for some turnovers and see what shakes out.

Erik Harris played great against Philip Rivers last year. You never know what might happen. Besides, I feel Mullen will be able to handle whoever he covers and I think Littleton and Kwit will hold their own. Just have to worry about the other WRs to some extent.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Erik Harris played great against Philip Rivers last year. You never know what might happen. Besides, I feel Mullen will be able to handle whoever he covers and I think Littleton and Kwit will hold their own. Just have to worry about the other WRs to some extent.

This is why we brought Jeff Heath in. Neither Heath or Harris is a great player but they're both veterans that have played a lot of football and are both known to make occasional splash plays. I think the biggest key tomorrow will be how effective our pass rush is. I'm really hoping that Collins/Nassib are able to play and Irving can give us some good snaps tomorrow as well. If those three play we'll be able to rotate guys in and out across the defensive line throughout the game to keep them fresh and get after Brady.  

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Defensive line is going to have to generate pressure consistently to keep Brady out of rhythm and limit his time to throw so they can't take a ton of chances down field. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1