Lewan Possible Torn ACL? (Confirmed)

ttitansfan4life

But if we trade for Reiff an absorb a big contract that limits the money we have to sign or trade for possible other available players. Remember the trade deadline is approaching & teams who know they’re out of playoff contention usually make quality starters available. 

I’m willing to give Sambrailo a chance before making any type of move. He’s done a solid job when he’s had to come straight off the bench in relief of Lewan. Let’s see how he does actually getting first team reps.

Dennis Kelly wasn’t thought to be a starter when we traded for him, but here we are. Maybe it’s the same case with Sambrailo.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m willing to give Sambrailo a chance before making any type of move. He’s done a solid job when he’s had to come straight off the bench in relief of Lewan. Let’s see how he does actually getting first team reps.

Dennis Kelly wasn’t thought to be a starter when we traded for him, but here we are. Maybe it’s the same case with Sambrailo.

The line we saw finish the game is the line we going to go with until we can't I feel.  
Sambrialllo has done enough to stay where he is. He isn't great but can hold his own for now. 

Until we can't then this is the line we got. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, I’m willing to give him a chance, but I’m worried about the difference between being a relief player vs. another team game planning and targeting him as a weak link on the line. 

• Like 1

glenn makes much more sense as a stopgap than reiff. i don't think we're in a great place to contend with reiff's contract. i think it would definitely make sense to kick the tires on glenn as a short term rental. would be easy to get super cheap on a 1 year deal.

however......99% chance we're gonna just roll with sambrailo lol

Edited by -Hope-

Rolling with Sambrailo is the best option regardless. He obviously already has some kind of chemistry with the rest of the o-line, his level of play is good enough where he's not a liability, and we can always put a TE over there or let the RB help him out in pass pro vs the elite pass rushers.

To me what it means is not that we have a liability at LT..I think Sambrailo is better than being called a liability. But it does mean the rest of the OL has less room for error. We're about to really find out if Kelly can match up to what Conklin was able to do. We're about to find out if Nate Davis has truly arrived and can win his matchups without having the option of Kelly being able to cheat over and help him out(as the TE or RB cheats over to make up for Kelly not being able to fully focus on his guy, etc).

Not worried about Saffold and Jones, they've proven they're reliable. But I will be looking at the right side of our line and seeing how it's impacted by this.

• Like 2

Roll with Sambrailo until he gives us a reason not to

No need to shift Kelly to LT, introduce Wilson into the line-up, etc. We have a good thing going here...don't throw the baby out w/ the bath water

Sambrailo got worked by Watt. OK. But he's playing probably 2-3 games worth of snap so far this season and has played pretty stellar throughout. Run blocking he's been quite good.

Hate hate hate losing a stud like Lewan. But the sky hasn't fallen...let's roll!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Roll with Sambrailo until he gives us a reason not to

No need to shift Kelly to LT, introduce Wilson into the line-up, etc. We have a good thing going here...don't throw the baby out w/ the bath water

Sambrailo got worked by Watt. OK. But he's playing probably 2-3 games worth of snap so far this season and has played pretty stellar throughout. Run blocking he's been quite good.

Hate hate hate losing a stud like Lewan. But the sky hasn't fallen...let's roll!!!

You optimistic son of a gun you!!! LETS ROLL!!! Time to whip them crybaby Steelers ***.