Possible trades before deadline

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

That's a really good question/point. I also wonder, based upon that postgame altercation, listing of his house/distraction factor, if they'd just as soon cut their losses and move on for the better of everyone from a culture standpoint.

Definitely possible.

It was a questionable move by him, but I think he’s earned a better ending to his time there than he received. Having him as 3rd string in the middle of a throwaway season (from a wins standpoint) was dumb.

Just part ways at the end of the year and everyone can split on good terms.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Definitely possible.

It was a questionable move by him, but I think he’s earned a better ending to his time there than he received. Having him as 3rd string in the middle of a throwaway season (from a wins standpoint) was dumb.

Just part ways at the end of the year and everyone can split on good terms.

I feel like it’s a win/win. We upgrade at DE, he gets a change of scenery and an opportunity to maybe get one more decent contract, and the Bengals unload a disgruntled veteran and recoup some value.

36 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Stephon Gilmore being shopped by the Pats.....that would be great, but it will never happen. Seems like a prime target for the Iggles

I'd consider a swap with njoku. They need some sauce on offense. 

Obviously chuck in a pick, maybe a 5th or something.

Edited by Kiwibrown

19 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd consider a swap with njoku. They need some sauce on offense. 

Obviously chuck in a pick, maybe a 5th or something.

lol no way the Pats are giving up last years DPOY and one of the best CBs in football for Njoku and a mid round pick lol

But its Bill and he has a history of headscratching values of players. i.e Muhammad Sanu.

Considering hes 30 years old his value might actually not demand a 1st

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol no way the Pats are giving up last years DPOY and one of the best CBs in football for Njoku and a mid round pick lol

But its Bill and he has a history of headscratching values of players. i.e Muhammad Sanu.

Considering hes 30 years old his value might actually not demand a 1st

He goes for less than a 1 in my mind. 

I think njoku and something could get it done.

Not sure how credible this guy is. Thielen is a really good WR and hes excelled in this offense but he’s be the 3rd high price WR on the roster and his skill set seems kinda redundant to the guys we already have. Unless he comes super cheap don’t understand why the Browns would be all that interested.

I would be cool with Adam Thielen if the price is right. He’s 30 years old. I think they would only be interested in him know if they saw an end to either Landry or OBJ here. TBH his skill set is most similar to Jarvis. Pretty clearly they would not have all three of those guys on the roster next season. 

Sir Yacht is a Cleveland sports personality but he has been correct before. I forget what trade it was but he broke some trade news a few months back like 2-3 days before any of the major news outlets got ahold of it. He rarely tweets news like this but when he does he is usually right. He has to know somebody in the organization. He also broke the Big Ten news about them coming back 

Edited by AkronsWitness

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I would be cool with Adam Thielen if the price is right. He’s 30 years old. I think they would only be interested in him know if they saw an end to either Landry or OBJ here. TBH his skill set is most similar to Jarvis. Pretty clearly they would not have all three of those guys on the roster next season. 

Here’s how I think we should view any offensive additions:

Will it help Bakers growth and development? At the end of the day that is the most important thing long term. Even if Thielen is here 4 years, if it makes Baker better he’s worth it.

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Here’s how I think we should view any offensive additions:

Will it help Bakers growth and development? At the end of the day that is the most important thing long term. Even if Thielen is here 4 years, if it makes Baker better he’s worth it.

Very true. He might be a much better fit in this offense than OBJ given the Stefanski connection.

I just.....dont understand the need for another WR at that price. I would much rather see them get trade happy for defensive players.

• Like 1