Possible trades before deadline

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not going for it all? If we manage 3 more wins it would be the 4th best season we've had in the last 30 years. A season like that only comes around for us every 8 or so years. Trade everything to win now! We won't be good again until 2028 it isn't like we will have anyone from our roster/coaching staff/management or ownership around at that time.

I must have missed the sarcasm font somewhere there.

We have a smart GM with a long term plan, the idea is to build a long term foundation so that seasons like this one are not one every 8 years. 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Going all in on someone doesn’t make sense, but if teams are selling a clear upgrade at a reasonable cost, we’d be idiots to not jump on it.

Weve got like 11 picks in April.  We don’t need 11 rookies.  Using one or two of those picks on established guys to help the QB or sure up our defense for a year and a half isn’t the worst use of draft capital.

But no, he’s not going to swing for the fences I’d imagine.

I get your point and agree to a degree.

I dont think Berry will trade for anyone over 25 years old unless the deal is too good to pass on it for a guy like Harrison Smith (who I would love to trade for). 

1 minute ago, Browns1987 said:

I must have missed the sarcasm font somewhere there.

We have a smart GM with a long term plan, the idea is to build a long term foundation so that seasons like this one are not one every 8 years. 

First, I don't know which font is sarcasm or I would have used it because I wasn't serious.

B. The average lifespan of a Browns GM is close to that of a fruit fly. If you are building for 5 years down the road then you are building for the GM who replaced the GM who replaced you.

Lastly, With everything going on will we even occupy this Earth when our rebuilding plan is complete?

D. Again, I'm not serious but I'm also not joking.

Second, That is that.

47 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Imo Harrison is the next travis kelce. 

Not the brute that is Gronkowski.

Not the long speed of kittle. 

But he is a smooth mover and can get open in zone coverages.

He also can make contested catches and get YAC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

He also can make contested catches and get YAC.

Baker needs guys that can compete for the ball, he likes bigger targets too. It could work well between them.

Looking at dpj splits, he is more of a fast first step than a long speed type, you expect it to be the other way around with the bigger guys.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker needs guys that can compete for the ball, he likes bigger targets too. It could work well between them.

Looking at dpj splits, he is more of a fast first step than a long speed type, you expect it to be the other way around with the bigger guys.

Yeah also with Baker being shorter, I think surrounding him with bigger pass catchers is the smart move.

• Like 1