Vikings trade Yannick Ngakoue to Baltimore

.Buzz

Meh on this trade, but I get it for the Vikings, I expect that this is not going to be the last trade that the Vikings make. Who wants some safeties, I could see both Anthony Harris and Harrison Smith being traded, and Reilly Rieff being moved as well, and if anyone wants Cousins, we'll give you a 5th to take him off our hands, haha (or at least I would).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

"Most" back?

They dropped over 32 spots for this trial run. They recouped something, but "most" isn't how I'd quantify it.

Vikes traded an early second round pick for a late third round pick. That’s a bad deal at the end of the day, cost well over 32 spots. Spielman has made a lot of desperation moves, his time has to be coming to end. Lose Hunter for the year, trade for Yannick. Lose Teddy, trade for Bradford. Give Cousins everything he wants, twice. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

All these tweets saying "basically offsets" is wild.

They literally are dropping 50 picks for 6 games of Yan. It doesn't offset whatsoever lol.

They definitely lose big picture, but given where they found themselves, non-competitive, they did good to get back as much draft capital as possible. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

They definitely lose big picture, but given where they found themselves, non-competitive, they did good to get back as much draft capital as possible. 

I mean...Yan brings in a 3rd round comp most likely regardless. That Ravens 3rd is going to be the end of the round.

Idk, I mean obviously they had to move him but that's a bad, bad look for the Vikings. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

That's fine, call it a liquidation of assets - not an offset of assets. 

This was a short sell. Period. 

• Like 1