Vikings trade Yannick Ngakoue to Baltimore

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I remember I was in a bar on the outskirts of Minneapolis and I was shushed by the bar staff for talking too loudly about how Cousins was holding the team back last season (before he went on that mid season tear). Perhaps all Minnesota needs is for me to go back to that bar.

But for real. Cousins has been contributing in holding that team back. He was the new Dalton line IMO, but now that time could seemingly be coming to an end.

I think that's a good description of Cousins, Dalton-esque at this point in time. I would actually trade pick along with Cousins to get rid of him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Lol and I remember some one saying this was better then the Mack trad when the Vikings pulled it off originally

No way was it better than the Mack trade, but I do think we got a decent deal on Ngakoue at the time.  I'm not sure what they are thinking in getting rid of him for a loss in draft capital.  I would have made it a priority to resign him.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Any chance of bringing BoB in as a short-term consultant?  :D

I think he might already be there...

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Did Bill O'Brien join the Vikings? It would be on brand - former Texans HC Gary Kubiak and Dom Capers are with Minnesota. O'Brien in Minnesota would "complete the set" and then I'd understand this trade a bit more...

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Worst case Yannick walks for a 3rd round comp pick, so the cost is very low. They 100% will try to lock him up and let Judon walk though. We didn't have a pass rusher that can win with a plain base set rush.

"worst case".... Thats a best case homie. Worst case would be he suffers an injury and you get little production and no comp pick.

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

"worst case".... Thats a best case homie. Worst case would be he suffers an injury and you get little production and no comp pick.

If we're playing this game...I guess the true 'worst case' would be him carrying out a mass shooting that takes out 90% of the team, right before he gets busted for questionable files on his hard drive. All while unleashing some new strain of COVID he personally mutated. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

If we're playing this game...I guess the true 'worst case' would be him carrying out a mass shooting that takes out 90% of the team, right before he gets busted for questionable files on his hard drive. All while unleashing some new strain of COVID he personally mutated. 

But that's not a true 'worst case', now is it? Wouldn't 100% be worse?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Na...if he suffers an injury and no one offers him a contract that would net a 3rd round comp pick that means he’s being offered a very under-market value contract on the FA market and in that case we’d just resign him for that...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

But that's not a true 'worst case', now is it? Wouldn't 100% be worse?

No you need witnesses to confirm that it was actually him, and all of our worst contracts would survive hurting the rebuild. If everyone died we'd probably get much sweeter compensation from the league.

Just now, DreamKid said:

No you need witnesses to confirm that it was actually him, and all of our worst contracts would survive hurting the rebuild. If everyone died we'd probably get much sweeter compensation from the league.

Eye witnesses are the least reliable form of evidence. He'd leave enough evidence behind - only survivor from the Ravens? And that's not counting cameras in today's age. Come on lol.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Eye witnesses are the least reliable form of evidence. He'd leave enough evidence behind - only survivor from the Ravens? And that's not counting cameras in today's age. Come on lol.

Well hopefully both scenarios go down for different teams, so we can get a good grasp on which is truly worse.