Week 8 GDT - Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Also, Aiyuk is looking great. Hope we get him the ball more. 

Hasty looked ok, but the entire offense wasn't clicking. Hope he has a bounce back day on Thursday 

After a good start to the season, Kinlaw has looked invisible lately 

We might have to rest Kittle, Jimmy G, & Coleman for TNF. Too short of a turnaround. 

The bye week can't come soon enough

27 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Also, Aiyuk is looking great. Hope we get him the ball more. 

Hasty looked ok, but the entire offense wasn't clicking. Hope he has a bounce back day on Thursday 

After a good start to the season, Kinlaw has looked invisible lately 

We might have to rest Kittle, Jimmy G, & Coleman for TNF. Too short of a turnaround. 

The bye week can't come soon enough

No chance Jimmy plays on Thursday, and likely not until the bye week.

Coleman is going to be out for a while, re-injured his knee.

Kittle is probably out this week and returns against the Saints. One silver lining is that Reed could be back on Thursday. 

51 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Shanny & Lynch have done a good job constructing the roster, but idk, i'm not too happy with how they handled the QB position.

First, we pass on Mahomes & Watson in '17 because Shanny is deadset on Cousins.

Then, we pass on Brady this offseason which is starting to look like a mistake as well. Brady wanted to come here, and we could have probably traded Jimmy G for a 2nd round pick easily, if not more. 

And weve held onto Mullens & Beathard too long. Beathard is not worthy of a roster spot, Mullens is ok but but only in short stretches. 

Looking at the young QB's from the 2018-2010 draft. We never had a chance to draft Murray, Burrow, or Herbert,  but i wonder if somehow they were available, if we would have pulled the trigger. Lamar Jackson would have been interesting, but i can't fault us for passing on him. None of the other QB's particularly impress me (yet)

IDK, i see 2 things happening this offseason. i forsee Shanny trading for Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford to bridge the gap, or keeping Jimmy G & trading for Darnold as a reclamation project. I don't really see us trying to get that 10-15 year guy in the draft. Look at Shanny's career as an OC; i think outside of RG3 & Cousins, has he ever started with a young/rookie QB? It's always been veterans; Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan, Brian Hoyer, etc

Johnny Manziel. But he barely played. 

BTW, where did you hear Brady wanted to go to the 49ers? I can't remember that. 

I think it's time for the fork: We're done after having lost another division game in the most competitive division in the NFL. 2 teams will likely go to the playoffs from the NFC West, but we won't be one of them.

Half the season gone and Bosa and Ford, our best pass rushers, have hardly played much at all. 🤯

23 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

We legit have no money. Wasn't Paragg supposed to prevent **** like this from happening???

We legitimately spent like 10 million dollars replacing injuries this year. It's been crazy. Lombardi did an article about where a lot of it went and it was kind of insane. We had Sanu for like 2 weeks or whatever, and he cost half a million lol. 

And some of this really isn't on Paraag, though he needs to stop creating ghost years on contracts. It's stupid and hurts long term. But Coleman should have been cut at the start of the season. It's ridiculous that we kept that 5 million salary on the books. Thomas should have been traded....we had no need for him, and that would have freed up another 5 million. So we legitimately missed out on 10 million that we could have freed up, and I have no idea what they were thinking. 

We've been restructuring people who have no business being restructured and may still get cut next season. Really bad money management this year. I made the 49ers cash management a loser earlier this year lol

44 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Johnny Manziel. But he barely played. 

BTW, where did you hear Brady wanted to go to the 49ers? I can't remember that. 

Yeah, but i don't think Shanny wanted Manziel. I think that was an owner decision. He might have wanted a different rookie QB at the time - maybe even Jimmy, but who knows. As for Brady 

Brady made it clear through various channels that the team of his childhood would be the team of his future, if the 49ers wanted. The 49ers discussed it, but in the end, the team was committed to Jimmy Garoppolo.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28936050/the-story-split-tom-brady-bill-belichick-patriots

AJ Dillon tested positive for Covid. Obviously this could impact us because if he had it and played sunday, teammates likely also have it which may limit the number of players the Packers have available, could lead to postponing the game, and may result in our own players getting it after thursday 

Just now, Forge said:

AJ Dillon tested positive for Covid. Obviously this could impact us because if he had it and played sunday, teammates likely also have it which may limit the number of players the Packers have available, could lead to postponing the game, and may result in our own players getting it after thursday 

Packers facility won't be open the next few days so yeah, I could see this game being postponed to Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We legitimately spent like 10 million dollars replacing injuries this year. It's been crazy. Lombardi did an article about where a lot of it went and it was kind of insane. We had Sanu for like 2 weeks or whatever, and he cost half a million lol. 

And some of this really isn't on Paraag, though he needs to stop creating ghost years on contracts. It's stupid and hurts long term. But Coleman should have been cut at the start of the season. It's ridiculous that we kept that 5 million salary on the books. Thomas should have been traded....we had no need for him, and that would have freed up another 5 million. So we legitimately missed out on 10 million that we could have freed up, and I have no idea what they were thinking. 

We've been restructuring people who have no business being restructured and may still get cut next season. Really bad money management this year. I made the 49ers cash management a loser earlier this year lol

Yup. The FO really pushed chips to the table last year and they tried to do it again and it backfired in the worst possible way.

The franchise is in an eerily similar state to that of the Ravens in 2012, some really hard decisions on the horizon and the team has enough talent to be competitive but their is an increasing need for something resembling a soft rebuild. Dead weight HAS to be shed this off-season for the long term sustainability of the talent we already have. I'm at work so I can't jump onto Spotrac to finangle stuff right now and I know you know this stuff off the top of your head better than I do. But here's the guys i'm expecting to be gone this off-season

1. Akhello
  2. Tartt
  3. Bourne
  4. Pettis
  5. Coleman
  6. Mckinnon
  7. Verrett (big maybe)
  8. Solly (could get brought back for cheap)
  9. Hyder
  10. Dion Jordan
  11. Kwon (edit: Lol)
  12. Jimmy G
  13. Richburg(not sure if his recent restructure makes this better or worse)
  14. DJ Jones - I think he commands a bigger salary than we'd be willing to give. Teams will see him. 
Edited by John232

19 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yup. The FO really pushed chips to the table last year and they tried to do it again and it backfired in the worst possible way.

The franchise is in an eerily similar state to that of the Ravens in 2012, some really hard decisions on the horizon and the team has enough talent to be competitive but their is an increasing need for something resembling a soft rebuild. Dead weight HAS to be shed this off-season for the long term sustainability of the talent we already have. I'm at work so I can't jump onto Spotrac to finangle stuff right now and I know you know this stuff off the top of your head better than I do. But here's the guys i'm expecting to be gone this off-season

1. Akhello
  2. Tartt
  3. Bourne
  4. Pettis
  5. Coleman
  6. Mckinnon
  7. Verrett (big maybe)
  8. Solly (could get brought back for cheap)
  9. Hyder
  10. Dion Jordan
  11. Kwon (edit: Lol)
  12. Jimmy G
  13. Richburg(not sure if his recent restructure makes this better or worse)
  14. DJ Jones - I think he commands a bigger salary than we'd be willing to give. Teams will see him. 

I think Solly gets re-signed on the cheap, maybe DJ Jones. We might re-sign Verrett as a cheaper alternative to Sherman, hopefully that deal is incentive laden. We won't be able to rely on him either so we'll need extra corners 

Everyone else i could see gone. Garland & Grasu have played relatively well in Richburg's absence 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I think Solly gets re-signed on the cheap, maybe DJ Jones. We might re-sign Verrett as a cheaper alternative to Sherman, hopefully that deal is incentive laden. We won't be able to rely on him either so we'll need extra corners 

Everyone else i could see gone. Garland & Grasu have played relatively well in Richburg's absence 

I'm all for moving on from Jimmy but what is the plan? Unless we hit the jackpot and get Lawrence, I don't see us going into next year with a Rookie.  These SB windows don't last long and they know it.

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm all for moving on from Jimmy but what is the plan? Unless we hit the jackpot and get Lawrence, I don't see us going into next year with a Rookie.  These SB windows don't last long and they know it.

giphy.gif

• Like 1