Week Ate: Minnesota @ Green Bay

incognito_man

Multiplicative Inverse of GB Margin of Victory  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the multiplicative inverse of GB's MoV?

• greater than or equal to 0.1
    • less than or equal to 0.0417
    • Other (lame)

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

We looked ahead, it's pretty obvious. 

We won't look like a disaster Thursday I bet, even though we won't win anyways

I doubt we looked ahead.  We just couldn't stop Cook.  You give up 163 yards to one back you are gonna lose.

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Oh gosh. #Pettinerecordz

Honestly the only problem is the run defense. Its just weak. 

Oh that Jackson #37. I don't recall him ever doing anything good beyond blocking a punt vs minny in 2018.

What's the deal with Clark? He got no pressure at all. Bradbury has been better but he's not that good.

Jackson has played fine in relief for King. No one is screaming he was a 2nd round steal but he had big plays the past couple games and has been ok

his issue has been being a bit grabby

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Jackson has played fine in relief for King. No one is screaming he was a 2nd round steal but he had big plays the past couple games and has been ok

his issue has been being a bit grabby

Hasnt that always followed him though?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I doubt we looked ahead.  We just couldn't stop Cook.  You give up 163 yards to one back you are gonna lose.

There was so little energy even at the start. Aaron talked about it after the game. They didn't show up, they couldn't stop Cook, but I think that contributed to how easily he could run on us, and because Pettine is worthless as well.

37 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Definitely more than 10 seconds. It mattered a lot, and it's something that should never ever happen because everyone has years to realize it's dumb.

Here's the last MN play before the 2min warning:

1st & 10 at MIN 22  -  (2:39 - 4th) D.Cook left guard to MIN 28 for 6 yards (K.Clark).

I'm thinking they could have saved 25-30 seconds by calling a TO after this play. Somewhere around there.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

There was so little energy even at the start. Aaron talked about it after the game. They didn't show up, they couldn't stop Cook, but I think that contributed to how easily he could run on us, and because Pettine is worthless as well.

how does a Defense come out like that?   GB offense took the opening KO and went down and got a TD.  That should charge the D up to get the ball back.  I get that Pettine sucks, but these are professional athletes.  Clark, Lowry, Z, Preston, Amos are all on 2nd contracts.   They should not need motivation from the DC.

Given that Gute didn't make much of an effort to upgrade the weak areas of the team after the NFCC debacle, I guess there should be no real surprise that the team appears to be vulnerable to the same type of match-up.  I'm not seeing much reason to think this team won't experience a similar, if maybe not quite as one-sided, exit from the playoffs this year.

MLF doesn't seem to have an answer for how to attack teams with a stout front 4, and Pettine definitely doesn't have any answers when facing teams with a strong running game. I'll enjoy however far this team does get this year, but they aren't getting out of the NFC.

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

how does a Defense come out like that?   GB offense took the opening KO and went down and got a TD.  That should charge the D up to get the ball back.  I get that Pettine sucks, but these are professional athletes.  Clark, Lowry, Z, Preston, Amos are all on 2nd contracts.   They should not need motivation from the DC.

I'm not arguing that they should. But IMO, it happened. Seems pretty damn obvious to me, they probably don't have any faith in the scheme he's coaching but have managed to keep their mouths shut publicly. Doesn't mean their heads are in it. Hell of a lot easier to kill off one coach than it is to find a whole new defense though right

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not arguing that they should. But IMO, it happened. Seems pretty damn obvious to me, they probably don't have any faith in the scheme he's coaching but have managed to keep their mouths shut publicly. Doesn't mean their heads are in it. Hell of a lot easier to kill off one coach than it is to find a whole new defense though right

Jason Wilde almost made a point of this today. He said that if he could get into the locker room, rather than a zoom conference, he'd get real responses from these guys and not just whatever verbal diarrhea they spew on zoom.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Norm said:

at some point this can't be the excuse anymore right?  Do most professional teams have 2-3 games a year where they don't have 'energy'?