Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I agree with the decision; kicking is largely mental. Send him out early to let them know you aren't scared. This is the dude who called an onside in the superbowl. He knows what he's doing not letting his kicker sit around waiting to kick.

It's a chip shot field goal. Mentality shouldn't play into it very much. It's a pure chance thing between 99% chance of a win with .5% chance tie and .5% chance lose if you immediately kick as opposed to 99% chance of a win and 1% of a tie if you run the clock out first.

Edited by rich homie

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Yes. If you've ever read a Bill Belichick pre-draft scouting report on any QB they go deep into their family history and analyze how their upbringing would factor into their ability to constantly hold the respect of their teammates. He knows these are things largely decided before you even reach the NFL. Mahomes has IT. Brady has IT. I'm telling you, Drew Lock, doesn't have IT.

You might not be willing to look at things the sort of way me and Bill Belichick do, and that's fine. But I've seen more than enough to be overly confident that the path to a superbowl would have to be with somebody else. Now, maybe you can boost his trade value by waiting till the offseason and lose less games that way to keep your team more relevant in FA pitches. Thats something Elway would have to sit down with a few really smart trustworthy people and work out all the details of.

So QBs aren’t allowed to dance and celebrate unless they are good at it? If not then they can’t lead a franchise?

1 minute ago, rich homie said:

It's a chip shot field goal. Mentality shouldn't play into it very much. It's a pure chance thing between 99% chance of a win with .5% chance tie and .5% chance lose if you immediately kick as opposed to 99% chance of a win and 1% of a tie if you run the clock out first.

It's a chip shot so ride the momentum of the drive send him out and win the game. I've seen Justin Tucker miss an extra point to send a game into OT. Plus you also always have the chance of an awkward snap and a fumble trying to run out the clock.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

So QBs aren’t allowed to dance and celebrate unless they are good at it? If not then they can’t lead a franchise?

you are trying to decode the ravings of a lunatic. do so at your own peril.

no disrespect to the lunatic population

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kael said:

It's the second half, and our defense. A defense that absolutely dominated the first half, has no excuse for it's performance in the 2nd.

Gus Bradley obviously cannot in game adjust, when it comes to game plan, he is fine, when it comes to adjusting to what the offense is doing in the 2nd half, after making their adjustments, he simply can't do it.

As far as Lynn goes, Marty ball works fine as long as you have a defense you can count on. He doesn't, and still keeps trusting them.

The sad thing is Bradley’s defense was made to prevent the explosive plays and not give up the points. This should not be happening like you said.

8 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Yes. If you've ever read a Bill Belichick pre-draft scouting report on any QB they go deep into their family history and analyze how their upbringing would factor into their ability to constantly hold the respect of their teammates.

...but who needs that when you can make the exact same judgement by watching the guy about to do the Fortnite dance?

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

The whole situation was so bizarre, but what was with all the flexing and clapping by him after the fight. Just such a boneheaded move.

I've witnessed actual insane people do seemingly insane things while having an insane episode. This was like that.

• Like 1