Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's a very average QB in the league, just like a guy like Cousins...and average QBs have amazing volatility in their results. Average QBs can have great games...and then they can produce awful games. Its something that people en masse don't acknowledge all that much. 

He's 14th all time in passer rating.

The guys he is stuck between are named Warner and Montana.

Cousins is 9th.

When you say AVERAGE what you mean is that there are 5 or 6 fantastic generational legend QBs in the NFL

• Brady
  • Wilson
  • Rodgers
  • Mahomes
  • Brees
  • Watson could be but lets get him free of BOB teams (sub in Ben if you want to go by titles and body of work)

Of the rest of the 26 NFL starters Goff is probably in the 6-12 range.

Unending hatred of guys like Goff or Cousins every time they have a bad game is just pathetic.

Just now, rocky_rams said:

He also has the best running back in the league and is playing second or third worst team in the league 

what’s your point?

You asked why people are less harsh on Tannehill than Goff. I told you why. One guy has as many turnovers in one week as the other has all year. I could list plenty of other stats showing why one is viewed as better by the vast majority of people than the other. Obviously a worse player is going to be criticized more heavily than a better one.

2 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

He also has the best running back in the league and is playing second or third worst team in the league 

what’s your point?

Clyde Edwards Helaire is the best RB in the league. A few yards shy of Henry on the year and a much bigger threat as a WR

Just now, Jakuvious said:

There's no more of an issue with those jet sweeps being called passing TDs than with RB screens being called passing TDs. It's the same for everyone, and everyone runs them at this point, so I don't know why it matters.

And why should they not pass against a team that can't stop them from passing? It's not stat padding, it's playing winning football.

Cheap tds have to be considered in context of how a qb plays. Again no shade, Mahomes has the most low effort tds. You have to acknowledge that. Obviously, the object is to score and win and KC by design is amazing at it. But can't use those low effort scores to prop up a QB's play. He had 2 today, 2 vs NE, 1 vs Balt. I'm sure im missing others.