Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, Kirill said:

Clyde Edwards Helaire is the best RB in the league. A few yards shy of Henry on the year and a much bigger threat as a WR

No one is keying on C.E-H. Teams literally key to stop Henry. Mahomes makes CEH better. Henry makes Tannehill better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Unending hatred of guys like Goff or Cousins every time they have a bad game is just pathetic.

I think it's pretty obvious that their salaries in comparison to their level of play are a major detriment to roster building

QB salaries are tough. If you have one that is worth it. You pay him. But QBs generate and churn through often enough that if I'm not sitting with a generational player, I'd rather grab another rookie contract or get a proven vet at a discount rather than paying elite money to a non elite QB

Goff and Cousins are fine QBs. They are not elite or worth elite QB money.

That isn't "unending hatred"

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He's 14th all time in passer rating.

The guys he is stuck between are named Warner and Montana.

Cousins is 9th.

When you say AVERAGE what you mean is that there are 5 or 6 fantastic generational legend QBs in the NFL

• Brady
  • Wilson
  • Rodgers
  • Mahomes
  • Brees
  • Watson could be but lets get him free of BOB teams (sub in Ben if you want to go by titles and body of work)

Of the rest of the 26 NFL starters Goff is probably in the 6-12 range.

Unending hatred of guys like Goff or Cousins every time they have a bad game is just pathetic.

Pretty much. He's fine. Just like Jimmy is fine. Just like Cousins. Would I pay those guys 30 million? No....but then again, I'm not the one risking my job. 

• Like 1

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

No one is keying on C.E-H. Teams literally key to stop Henry. Mahomes makes CEH better. Henry makes Tannehill better.

Yawn, it's been the same narrative following this dude since LSU. I'm not faulting him for being even better on good teams. Thats what you want. He carried LSU on his back in the championship game with an all-timer performance. And he's short but he's got some of the biggest hands in the league. Dude is a freak just doesn't seem like it cause it's hard to find a historical player comp for him.

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

Cheap tds have to be considered in context of how a qb plays. Again no shade, Mahomes has the most low effort tds. You have to acknowledge that. Obviously, the object is to score and win and KC by design is amazing at it. But can't use those low effort scores to prop up a QB's play. He had 2 today, 2 vs NE, 1 vs Balt. I'm sure im missing others. 

If they were all just counted as rushing TDs, all that changes is the stat tally. Doesn't actually change him being the best QB in the NFL. Who cares about the accounting aspect of it?

But again, I see no bigger issue with those being counted as passing TDs than the Peyton Broncos pick plays and WR screens, for instance. It's just a stat. It doesn't actually matter one way or the other to how good of a football player he is. It's not like anyone is saying Mahomes is elite because he throws so many TDs, and only because of that.

Just now, Forge said:

Pretty much. He's fine. Just like Jimmy is fine. Just like Cousins. Would I pay those guys 30 million? No....but then again, I'm not the one risking my job. 

Forever this

Being a plus QB isn't carte blanche to give insane contracts - which is what this league loves to do

• Like 1