Week 8.5 - Green Bay @ San Francisco

incognito_man

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t know, Nick Mullens completing 100% of his passes for 160 yards and 2 touchdowns while Juzyck and a couple running backs and receivers rushing for 300 total yards could be considered pretty bad.

The Mullens part is what would bother me. I have no doubt Juszczyk could run for 150+ though. 

This is going to be a tough game to watch.  If we can't win the line of scrimmage, both sides, against the Vikings, there is no way that we will control the LOS against the 49ers.

And it isn't like Pettine is going to be creating turnovers.  That ship sailed long ago.

Offense should get a lift if they can get some guys back.  Jones.  Bakh.  Lazard.  Or any combination.  I also think they should give reps at RG to Runyan to get some toughness in there.

Defensively, even if King can come back and play, I've got no reason to think we can get any better, especially against the run.

Maybe you can insert Winn into the starting DL.  Maybe you can get Amos near the LOS.  Maybe you can get Preston and Z to set an edge outside.  But dang near every one of those things has to work, and work well, in order for us to stop the run.  And that just ain't happening.

• Like 2

Just now, squire12 said:

The GB defensive game plan should be to force SF to throw 30+ times on Thursday.  injured Kitle, no Deebo.

8 man heavy box and dare SF to win throwing the ball.   

anything less than that is a failure from a game plan perspective.

lol I'd be cool with that, bring everyone up, 11 in the box. At least that way Nick Mullens has to at least try instead of just handing the ball off every play.

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The GB defensive game plan should be to force SF to throw 30+ times on Thursday.  injured Kitle, no Deebo.

8 man heavy box and dare SF to win throwing the ball.   

anything less than that is a failure from a game plan perspective.

and they'll run all over that too. Jail break screens will kill us in this game too...

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

This is going to be a tough game to watch.  If we can't win the line of scrimmage, both sides, against the Vikings, there is no way that we will control the LOS against the 49ers.

And it isn't like Pettine is going to be creating turnovers.  That ship sailed long ago.

Offense should get a lift if they can get some guys back.  Jones.  Bakh.  Lazard.  Or any combination.  I also think they should give reps at RG to Runyan to get some toughness in there.

Defensively, even if King can come back and play, I've got no reason to think we can get any better, especially against the run.

Maybe you can insert Winn into the starting DL.  Maybe you can get Amos near the LOS.  Maybe you can get Preston and Z to set an edge outside.  But dang near every one of those things has to work, and work well, in order for us to stop the run.  And that just ain't happening.

All of this is why we don't need any further discussion on this topic. We already know what the outcome is and that's even if we play the game given Dillon's positive test for COVID.

Adam Schefter -   49ers’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo is expected to be sidelined indefinitely with his high ankle sprain, source tells ESPN. 49ers feel he needs time to rest an injury that has bothered him since Week 2. Nick Mullens took over for Garoppolo on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   49ers’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo is expected to be sidelined indefinitely with his high ankle sprain, source tells ESPN. 49ers feel he needs time to rest an injury that has bothered him since Week 2. Nick Mullens took over for Garoppolo on Sunday.

Good thing they don't need Jimmy G to beat us, he threw what, like 6 passes against the packers in the NFCCG?

Lol, if the Packers lose to the Niners and get shredded on defense again by a team without Jimmy, Kittle, Deebo, Mostert, etc. and the Packers don't fire Pettine immediately, they should officially become a laughing stock to everyone. That's the way I look at this. Hopefully we win, but if we don't and our defense looks bad again, you either get rid of Pettine or don't expect anyone to take you seriously as an organization moving forward this season.