The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

30 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/23/vikings-dont-want-to-expose-bridgewater-to-slippery-field-in-london/

As one source explained it, the Vikings and Bridgewater definitely don’t want him to play next week in London, given the notoriously slippery surfaces of the soccer pitches that periodically transmogrify into gridirons.

And you don't want to expose him to the crappy field in Washington.  

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

We can't protect him forever though.

Missing one more week will be fine. Let him readjust now and be fully ready after the bye.

I'm leaning towards wanting to see him against Washington. This will be a tough game with potential playoff implications, and if we want to be at full strength, I'd think Teddy would be the preferred QB. Field conditions shouldn't matter. Can't imagine that it will make much difference at this point. He's going to have to play on grass eventually and if he's close to 100%, why hold him back for that reason alone. 

I could see the benefit of starting him off at home.

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm leaning towards wanting to see him against Washington. This will be a tough game with potential playoff implications, and if we want to be at full strength, I'd think Teddy would be the preferred QB. Field conditions shouldn't matter. Can't imagine that it will make much difference at this point. He's going to have to play on grass eventually and if he's close to 100%, why hold him back for that reason alone. 

The turf at US Bank Stadium isn't great either though.

19 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The turf at US Bank Stadium isn't great either though.

Everything I've heard from various comments is that the US Bank Stadium turf is one of the best in the NFL. And while we certainly can't protect him forever, I don't think it's wise to start a guy coming back from a knee injury on a crappy field...and FedEx Field's field is often ranked one of the 3-5 worst fields in the entire NFL, even despite upgrading their turf since it killed RGIII's career.  That's much too risky of a chance for me.   

2 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Everything I've heard from various comments is that the US Bank Stadium turf is one of the best in the NFL. And while we certainly can't protect him forever, I don't think it's wise to start a guy coming back from a knee injury on a crappy field...and FedEx Field's field is often ranked one of the 3-5 worst fields in the entire NFL, even despite upgrading their turf since it killed RGIII's career.  That's much too risky of a chance for me.   

Have there not been a lot of injuries because of our turf?

Cook's injury very well could be one example of that, as another poster on this forum mentioned. Same with the majority of the injuries that Tampa Bay and Green Bay suffered against us.

I wonder what kind of shape Teddy is in and what the optimal time frame for getting him ready is.  Considering training camp plus preseason this year was 6 weeks, that's what I was thinking, 3 weeks of practice and then 3 weeks of being the backup.  I don't really know what type of condition Teddy was in when he was cleared to practice, so maybe that's overkill. I don't know.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Have there not been a lot of injuries because of our turf?

Cook's injury very well could be one example of that, as another poster on this forum mentioned. Same with the majority of the injuries that Tampa Bay and Green Bay suffered against us.

I know it seems like it, but the injuries that have occurred on the turf are rather common injuries that could have happened anywhere, and were more of a result of player action than anything turf-related.  I don't know the statistics on the injuries thus far at FedEx, but it seems like they often are ankle-related injuries, which could be more turf-related...although, the medical experts here may know more than I.  In fact, just last year, the Vikings lost both Jake Long to an achilles and Eric Kendricks also was injured in that game.  

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/23/vikings-dont-want-to-expose-bridgewater-to-slippery-field-in-london/

As one source explained it, the Vikings and Bridgewater definitely don’t want him to play next week in London, given the notoriously slippery surfaces of the soccer pitches that periodically transmogrify into gridirons.

Zimmer, seconds ago...

"There was a report that we don't want him to play in London because of slippery field conditions. That was the first I've heard of it."

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Might not be the best game to shake off the rust if it's a big game against a tough team

He has to be active after the bye right? 

He should play in London if Reiff is ready to go. You can't ask for a better first opponent than the Browns. If they've made the decision to put him on the roster, it's best to do it immediately, let him get as much game action as possible, and try to determine if he is still QBOTF.

Archived