Week 9 GDT - Broncos @ Falcons

Broncofan

Give rypian some reps honestly. I don't care anymore. He had way more accurate passes despite him throwing directly to the other team. I really think you can fix that easier than whatever Lock thinks he's doing

Edited by Dbrog24
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Hamler was supposed to be this magical deep threat. Yet he barely catches passes for 10 yards or more.

Hamler was fine. There wasn't anyone on our team that would catch that throw. They should use Hamler more for run plays like they did in I think the first quarter. He's got great speed with some green in front of him and he's pretty wiley

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

That was the most Jay Cutler play of his career thus far, and he's shown a lot of similarities even before that throw

I was just thinking the exact same thing. The resemblances are uncanny. 

I’m also one who subscribes to the theory that had Cutler stayed with Shanahan for more than two years they would have figured it out and Cutler’s career would have looked differently. 

That being said, by no means am I ready to bail on Drew yet. There is ability there and I think some things are correctable. I’m not, as of right now, going to ditch Drew for some gimmick offense college QB or yet another washed up, ineffectual NFL retread.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Hamler was supposed to be this magical deep threat. Yet he barely catches passes for 10 yards or more.

Hamler could've had two TDs of more than 50 yards last week if not for poor protection and/or QB play. Have a look at my film study for proof

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Hamler could've had two TDs of more than 50 yards last week if not for poor protection and/or QB play. Have a look at my film study for proof

I like Hamler. I like our weapons ... gotta question how the OC is using them 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’m also one who subscribes to the theory that had Cutler stayed with Shanahan for more than two years they would have figured it out and Cutler’s career would have looked differently. 

That being said, by no means am I ready to bail on Drew yet. There is ability there and I think some things are correctable. I’m not, as of right now, going to ditch Drew for some gimmick offense college QB or yet another washed up, ineffectual NFL retread.

Yeah, I wish Drew had the arm strength Jay had tho. Think Jay was more naturally gifted

Just now, champ11 said:

I like Hamler. I like our weapons ... gotta question how the OC is using them 

Yeh, the scheme doesn't fit our QB - I don't think anyone can argue that. Drew is never going to be a 4, or maybe even 3 read QB. He needs to be out of the pocket, taking advantage of misdirection and play action.

This Shotgun, no play action, sit back and read the levels concepts (Peyton's favourite) ain't going to be Drew. Ever.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Give rypian some reps honestly. I don't care anymore. He had way more accurate passes despite him throwing directly to the other team. I really think you can fix that easier than whatever Lock thinks he's doing

Rypien has zero chance of being an above average QB.   His arm talent limits him much like it did for Simien.   Sucks, but that's the problem - great between-the-ears, physically too limited.     He'll be a nice asset as our backup..but that's pretty much it.   When your arm talent is the limit, that's about the best we can get.  Nothing wrong with that from a UDFA, fantastic result.  But he's not our answer.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Drew has ability no doubt, but I need to see some of this during the first half when the opposing team isn't up 2+ scores, trying to drain the clock. We're in a really tough spot right now though. If we want to give Lock a chance, he needs continuity. We can't keep giving him the Alex Smith treatment with a new OC every year. On the flip side, is Shurmer the guy we want that continuity with?