Week 9 GDT - Broncos @ Falcons

Broncofan

Their blitzes made it impossible to get anything done offensively most of the game. Horrible blitz picks ups on so many plays.

This is another Lock game where both sides of the argument can make their points but It’s been undeniably ugly most of the time since that Pats meltdown.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Drew’s arm is more than adequate. That’s not the issue. Few had the arm Cutler did. 

It’s solid. I think it’s more if he is a guy that isn’t great making reads / decision making I personally would feel better if he was more naturally gifted. He doesn’t make a ton of stuff happen that makes me feel certain of his talent. V much still a question mark

I turned it off after they got up 27 -6. It looks like Lock bounced back a bit but the run game was still atrocious how'd he become the leading rusher at 47 yards? 

Idk I feel like getting 3 tds and one turnover from your qb is solid I don't think that's bad for not having a run game.

Winning football is not having to get to 30 plus points everygame .

56 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I was just thinking the exact same thing. The resemblances are uncanny. 

I’m also one who subscribes to the theory that had Cutler stayed with Shanahan for more than two years they would have figured it out and Cutler’s career would have looked differently. 

That being said, by no means am I ready to bail on Drew yet. There is ability there and I think some things are correctable. I’m not, as of right now, going to ditch Drew for some gimmick offense college QB or yet another washed up, ineffectual NFL retread.

Shanahan and QB coach Jeremy Bates were doing a good job. Then, Shanny didn't punt the ball with two minutes left in the first half (of the Week 16 game against the Bills), the Broncos blew the game, and he was fired over a week later.

Just now, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Shanahan and QB coach Jeremy Bates were doing a good job. Then, Shanny didn't punt the ball with two minutes left in the first half (of the Week 16 game against the Bills), the Broncos blew the game, and he was fired over a week later.

I got the same vibe as Shanny getting fired as I did Rich Scangrello idk why. Like it just felt wrong to do and a one step forward two steps back. In both scenarios you had huge flashes of sustainable future in the last 5 games and you give that up. It's the same risk they took getting rid of Shanny yeah you wanna improve the defense but the offense was forming into something special. I remember b marsh had 22 catches in a game crazy y'all remember that?

I won't say much that hasn't already been said. I think it's clear the offense needs work, and a lot of players need to improve individually, but I think Shurmur needs to be canned after this season. The offense is anemic, and bad, conservative playcalling is killing us early on. When Lock can go uptempo with the weapons we have, it works much better. Also, Gordon stinks. I admit, I was somewhat bullish on that signing, but he looks like he's stuck in mud. Lindsay didn't look any better today, but still.

The defense was actually not terrible against the run IMO. The CBs were abysmal though. Laughably bad, especially Davontae Harris. Not sure why he has a job over Bausby but that's a different discussion.

I was happy to see better clock management from Fangio today. I guess he got the message. Granted, we didn't execute much but still encouraging. I am also thrilled that Hamler got more involved today. The guy is electric, and they don't scheme ways to get him the ball. This makes sense, of course, because Shurmur is as milquetoast as it gets with the play calling. Jeudy is also a huge problem when he gets going. Draws a bunch of penalties, frequently open, just has to hang on to the tight catches, but he's impressive.

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Agreed. Hamler should be used in a Tyreek Hill like roll. Not saying he could be that good but a similar role to that would fit his style. 

I just see him maximizing no players abilities . Like I understand Jeudy and Hamler are rookies but they seem to show flashes of being ready to unleash and nothing happens.

I'd take a Desean jackson or marquis brown for Hamler too. Can't he stretch the d? If you take the top off a defense you'll create a run game I promise even just hitting one would do wonders.

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

was happy to see better clock management from Fangio today. I guess he got the message. Granted, we didn't execute much but still encouraging. I am also thrilled that Hamler got more involved today. The guy is electric, and they don't scheme ways to get him the ball. This makes sense, of course, because Shurmur is as milquetoast as it gets with the play calling. Jeudy is also a huge problem when he gets going. Draws a bunch of penalties, frequently open, just has to hang on to the tight catches, but he's impressive.

I'm furious they took a bunch of days off after that big win next week bc they never got a bye and I just get a feeling that's the difference in this game. When the team turns a corner with a big win you got to control the heater make a run . Instead Fangio got complacent and they take 3 quarters to show life.