Jump to content
.Buzz

Drew Brees has multiple rib fractures, collapsed lung

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Winston time??

Aaron Brooks 2.0 time and frankly the rest of the NFL is not ready

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds like a painful injury that would take months to heal up but what do I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He Doesnt Know GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Don't ruin this for me. ET has vanquished me in all other forums. This is all I have left.

Yeah, News is another home for me...

run away GIF

- ET

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

🤔

I think the concussions are adding up, man. What year do you think it is?

I Like This One Captain Marvel GIF by Nerdist.com

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Is this the last time we see him play?

 

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

I really hope not. Will really hate to see him go out like that. He deserves a proper retirement. 

 

31 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

sounds like a painful injury that would take months to heal up but what do I know.

FWIW, while it may not be the exact same, I think Tony Romo did play with this injury. He didn't miss a game and even finished the one that it happened in (humorously, also against the 49ers).  So I doubt that this is it for Brees or anything. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Forge said:

 

 

FWIW, while it may not be the exact same, I think Tony Romo did play with this injury. He didn't miss a game and even finished the one that it happened in (humorously, also against the 49ers).  So I doubt that this is it for Brees or anything. 

tbf was romo 41?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

tbf was romo 41?

The difference between 41 and 31 is an injury that requires no time to be missed at 31 suddenly requires 2-3 months at 41? 

I'm just talking about the idea that this is it for him. Clearly he's going to miss time, but this injury isn't as bad as it sounds on the surface. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to see how Winston does as a starter for us, as he will be the starter while Brees is out. Will get a better idea of how he can look in this offense with an actual gameplan revolved around his strengths in the coming weeks. Great audition for him to be our QB of the future after Brees retires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Curious to see how Winston does as a starter for us, as he will be the starter while Brees is out. Will get a better idea of how he can look in this offense with an actual gameplan revolved around his strengths in the coming weeks. Great audition for him to be our QB of the future after Brees retires.

He looked fine outside of that stretch inside the ten yard line. 49ers defense was on it's game yesterday (hard to blame then for what happened), so that was a good start

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Forge said:

He looked fine outside of that stretch inside the ten yard line. 49ers defense was on it's game yesterday (hard to blame then for what happened), so that was a good start

LASIK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

And to imagine that Brees finished the drive, AND lead another scoring drive before halftime with all that damage. That's tough!!

Ive never had this injury, and it sounds like it hurts like a SOB.  but other QBs have played through it as well. Romo had the same thing and finished the game (throwing the GW TD). 

It must be manageable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Forge said:

He looked fine outside of that stretch inside the ten yard line. 49ers defense was on it's game yesterday (hard to blame then for what happened), so that was a good start

Yeah agreed, I expect a couple weeks of starter reps should help with timing as well with his WR's. I was actually somewhat happy to see him take those sacks yesterday instead of resorting to forcing an ill advised throw and turning the ball over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Forge said:

He looked fine outside of that stretch inside the ten yard line. 49ers defense was on it's game yesterday (hard to blame then for what happened), so that was a good start

I know quite a few Saints fans that were pretty hard on him. But the truth is that the 49ers defense had a really good gameplan and were giving the Saints a ton of trouble (Brees included). It was really the Saints defense and special teams that was the difference in the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...