Drew Brees has multiple rib fractures, collapsed lung

.Buzz

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nah, this is setting up the curtain call. Brees will find his way back to the Saints come playoff time and game manage a great Saints team to a SB win, then ride off into the sunset...

6 weeks is the healing time typically, so if they make the playoffs..... chances are it will be on the road to play whoever and Brees will be ready then. Can they make the playoffs without him though? 12-4  or maybe 11-5 is what I expect, so they could get in. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

6 weeks is the healing time typically, so if they make the playoffs..... chances are it will be on the road to play whoever and Brees will be ready then. Can they make the playoffs without him though? 12-4  or maybe 11-5 is what I expect, so they could get in. 

We definitely can make the playoffs without him, as long as Jameis doesn’t kill us with picks.  

Which may be asking too much, but I feel Payton will get the best out of Jameis, or at least keep the worst at bay.  

Our backup QB situation last several years has been great. 

49 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

We definitely can make the playoffs without him, as long as Jameis doesn’t kill us with picks.  

Which may be asking too much, but I feel Payton will get the best out of Jameis, or at least keep the worst at bay.  

Our backup QB situation last several years has been great. 

almost like their system is pretty great for QBs. even average ones. 

17 hours ago, Forge said:

The difference between 41 and 31 is an injury that requires no time to be missed at 31 suddenly requires 2-3 months at 41? 

I'm just talking about the idea that this is it for him. Clearly he's going to miss time, but this injury isn't as bad as it sounds on the surface. 

Yes. That is the point. Brees should miss 3-4 weeks. (mainly because broken ribs take 3-6 weeks to heal in normal circumstances)

16 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I know quite a few Saints fans that were pretty hard on him. But the truth is that the 49ers defense had a really good gameplan and were giving the Saints a ton of trouble (Brees included). It was really the Saints defense and special teams that was the difference in the outcome.

The 9ers laid out the game plan for the Falcons this week on how to beat them. THe problem is that the 9ers also have way more talent. 

52 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Yes. That is the point. Brees should miss 3-4 weeks. (mainly because broken ribs take 3-6 weeks to heal in normal circumstances)

The 9ers laid out the game plan for the Falcons this week on how to beat them. THe problem is that the 9ers also have way more talent. 

If I was a betting man...I think I'd put money on the Falcons. The Saints are definitely more talented, but with the change at QB and the fact that the Falcons defense has played the Saints well in recent year...I think that it's a good bet.

13 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If I was a betting man...I think I'd put money on the Falcons. The Saints are definitely more talented, but with the change at QB and the fact that the Falcons defense has played the Saints well in recent year...I think that it's a good bet.

IDK man. The Falcons will get after Jameis. Taysom is way overrated by well, everyone. And I think they can create pressure. But I'm less enthused about our offense against y'all's defense. Jordan has our number and the Falcons still have Dirk Koetter at OC.