2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

Joe Brady the next John Madden. Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden (1st tenure with the Raiders), Sean McVay or David Shula, Josh McDaniels, Raheem Morris. Zac Taylor and Lane Kiffen.

It s an interesting bet a franchise is taking when hiring such a young and inexperienced HC.  When you go back thru the history of the NFL and see how long franchises have been willing to take this bet. it is not a unique time.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I read somewhere that Texans still want offensive coach to be their next HC.  If ture, he doesn't want to waste his time to just chat with them. dunno.

I sincerely don't know what to believe. I'm as tuned into this team as anyone else, but the last 48 hours have proven to be outright impossible to predict.

This is really a runaway train.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Joe Brady the next John Madden. Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden (1st tenure with the Raiders), Sean McVay or David Shula, Josh McDaniels, Raheem Morris. Zac Taylor and Lane Kiffen.

It s an interesting bet a franchise is taking when hiring such a young and inexperienced HC.  When you go back thru the history of the NFL and see how long franchises have been willing to take this bet. it is not a unique time.

given the Texans probably wont be that good for a few years its a risk worth taking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

given the Texans probably wont be that good for a few years its a risk worth taking.

This might improve my outlook from a zero to a one. I don't expect him to be the hire, but he's probably the only actual option that I'd endorse of all the options the Texans actually spoke with.

By goodness, if it's McDaniels or Mayo... I'll flip out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:
2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I read somewhere that Texans still want offensive coach to be their next HC.  If ture, he doesn't want to waste his time to just chat with them. dunno.

I sincerely don't know what to believe. I'm as tuned into this team as anyone else, but the last 48 hours have proven to be outright impossible to predict.

This is really a runaway train.

Eberflus was also with Dallas, so maybe he just doesn't like Texas, idk