The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I've been calling to let Ziggy go for awhile now. His 3 games per season are not worth his price tag. Use that money on two DL that will actually play and get after the QB. 

I agreed with the one year tag to see if he could remain healthy. He can’t so it’s time to move on.

Do you move on this year though in a... GULP... Playoff chase/run?

IDK whats up with him and it's frusterating, but if I can get the same performance, late, like last year, with a different team I think I still take it. It's almost like adding a piece we didn't' have. He'll know the playbook so a 2-3 week adjustment really shouldn't happen like if we traded for someone. 

Idk, unless you can get a lot for him draft wise I just keep him for the playoff push and move on at the end of the year. Bad experiment with him is all and we move on and pay other dude like Friend said. 

Edited by SimbaWho

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Do you move on this year though in a... GULP... Playoff chase/run?

IDK whats up with him and it's frusterating, but if I can get the same performance, late, like last year, with a different team I think I still take it. It's almost like adding a piece we didn't' have. He'll know the playbook so a 2-3 week adjustment really shouldn't happen like if we traded for someone. 

Idk, unless you can get a lot for him draft wise I just keep him for the playoff push and move on at the end of the year. Bad experiment with him is all and we move on and pay other dude like Friend said. 

They gambled with the tag, might as well let it play out and let him walk after the season. Trading him won’t accomplish much. I think the risk/reward is greatest by keeping him.

Getting him back is, as you suggested, like adding a piece. Now imagine a healthy Ansah and adding another quality upgrade. 

Read something today that Patrick Peterson is a trade possibility to Detroit. 

Dunno how I feel about that tbh. On one hand, it does nothing to help our main problem... inability to rush the passer and stop the run. On the other hand, it makes a strength much more stronger and also replaces the loss of Agnew. 

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

Read something today that Patrick Peterson is a trade possibility to Detroit. 

Dunno how I feel about that tbh. On one hand, it does nothing to help our main problem... inability to rush the passer and stop the run. On the other hand, it makes a strength much more stronger and also replaces the loss of Agnew. 

Thoughts?

I would like to bring him on I think he would be another strong veteran presence in that secondary for our young guys. 

I think our lb are doing better hitting their gaps on the run. The big run against Miami was because of slay, and their was no big run against the packers. 

Also, an interesting stat is we are tied 4th in the league with 21 sacks. So we are getting to the qb. Which we can defiantly thank our strong secondary for that. 

Front 7 needs improvement but I’d definitely go for Peterson. 

4 minutes ago, ManeLine said:

It would probably take our 1st so we'd be without a 1st and 3rd. But PP is better than anyone we would get in Round 1. 

I'm kind of on the fence because I'd like to improve the DL through the draft. But him and Slay would be nice.

Better? Probably. More impactful? Maybe not.

Last year's first, Ragnow, is already having a huge impact on the offensive line, and he'll be cheap for a while, and under contract for longer.

Looks like Peterson has a cap hit of $15 million next year, while a 1st round pick will be significantly cheaper.

This is kinda random but after watching Kerryon Man handle LB Alonzo...Play.. 2nd quarter 6:43 on the clock...That was awesome!  our rookie RB running like this and his speed kinda brings back the Jahvid Best memory's! I'm really liking Golladay and Kerryon as our future stars of the franchise...Makes be think maybe letting Tate walk isn't that big of a deal but time will tell...One thing is I'm not drinking any Kool aid until I see more out of the defense which is starting to get better. 

Edited by MortexLion

1 hour ago, MortexLion said:

This is kinda random but after watching Kerryon Man handle LB Alonzo...Play.. 2nd quarter 6:43 on the clock...That was awesome!  our rookie RB running like this and his speed kinda brings back the Jahvid Best memory's! I'm really liking Golladay and Kerryon as our future stars of the franchise...Makes be think maybe letting Tate walk isn't that big of a deal but time will tell...One thing is I'm not drinking any Kool aid until I see more out of the defense which is starting to get better. 

It’s okay your secret is safe with me. ?