Who gets left out in the AFC?

Slingin' Sammy

50 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

This is really the first season where coaches have to convince the players they have something to play for when an explicit bye is not at stake. I don't know how you get Stefon Diggs to get up for the game if the Bills are locked into 2 or 3, especially without fans present this year. I would think that game would be a pick em' or slightly favor Miami (as long as no snow is falling).

I demand that you defend this accusation, sir

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

at this point, whatever.

If we can't beat Buffalo in Buffalo what's the point of being in the playoffs anyway?

would be nice to make it but this is a successful season as far as I'm concerned regardless. Assuming we take care of business against LV next week, @Buffalo just becomes our first playoff game (assuming that the Ravens, Colts, or Browns don't manage to lose out somehow).

For a lot of teams the playoffs start week 17

If the Dolphins, Titans, Colts, or Browns miss the playoffs, its because they didn't take care of business in the final 2 weeks

The real doomsday scenario is all 4 of them win out, along with the Ravens, who would miss at 11-5

edit: I'd also feel awful if the Titans, Colts, or Browns miss at 11-5, but somehow it feels worse if its the team that wins out at the end compared to a team that drops the final game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

If the Dolphins, Titans, Colts, or Browns miss the playoffs, its because they didn't take care of business in the final 2 weeks

The real doomsday scenario is all 4 of them win out, along with the Ravens, who would miss at 11-5

edit: I'd also feel awful if the Titans, Colts, or Browns miss at 11-5, but somehow it feels worse if its the team that wins out at the end compared to a team that drops the final game

Screw em. If you can't get at least 12 while facing the NFC East you don't deserve to be there either. :P

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Yeah, I give the Bengals about a 3% chance of winning tonight.

And it's only that high because of what the Jets did yesterday lol.

Sounds about right. There is a 3% chance that the Bengals return two turnovers for scores on defense which is what probably needs to happen to have a chance to score more points than the Steelers. If that happens maybe a 24-23 win for the Bengals.

You can do it Bengals! We'll loan you Case Keenum if you want him.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Screw em. If you can't get at least 12 while facing the NFC East you don't deserve to be there either. :P

Our forum right now is "it's so unfair if we miss the playoffs while going 11-5!" while facing the NFCE, throwing a game against the Patriots and sacrificing a game against PIT because we couldn't follow COVID protocols...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Especially considering the Ravens beat the Colts and swept the Browns, lol

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ravens have won all the games they “should” win, except the Patriot game. That one could come back and haunt them. 

Although I think Baltimore will get in. 

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Our forum right now is "it's so unfair if we miss the playoffs while going 11-5!" while facing the NFCE, throwing a game against the Patriots and sacrificing a game against PIT because we couldn't follow COVID protocols...

I know it's not as exciting as crapping on my fellow Ravens fans to look all cool and objective for the NFL Gen crowd but if we end up was the 3rd team in NFL history to miss the playoffs at 11-5 in the middle of a weird pandemic year on the back of a 5 game winning streak w/ the ~2nd best point differential in the league (where we sit right now) because of an improbable and insane collection of results down the stretch conspire to keep us out of the playoffs I'm very comfortable chalking that up to a bad break. 

If we lose to the Giants or Bengals it's obviously a different conversation entirely.

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You’re trying way too hard with this “we don’t deserve the playoffs” thing.

No one in our forum is saying “it’s so unfair”, we’re saying it would be a pretty historically bad break to miss the playoffs at 11-5 the year a 3rd wild card team is added - and thus - pretty disappointing.

Especially when we would be 3-0 against the wildcard teams ahead of us.

Not sure what you don’t get about that lol 

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think ANY fan has the right to be upset about missing the playoffs at 11-5 ESPECIALLY with the expanded field

• Like 1

two games will decide the afc wildcard . colts @ steelers   and dolphins vs bills    .   if colts and dolphins win these games ravens are out . If the dolphins and colts both lose these games dolphins are out .  If the colts lose and dolphins win  colts are out . pretty simple unless a huge upset happens involving either team .

• Like 1