Who gets left out in the AFC?

Slingin' Sammy

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Spin zone: if the Bengals somehow win tonight, no way would Tomlin rest starters week 17 against the Browns in the event of a loss to the Colts next Sunday...facing the prospect of losing 5 straight heading into the postseason would be enough to play to win that game.

If Pittsburgh loses the next 2, they need to worry about winning the division week 17.

• Like 1

This is really the first season where coaches have to convince the players they have something to play for when an explicit bye is not at stake. I don't know how you get Stefon Diggs to get up for the game if the Bills are locked into 2 or 3, especially without fans present this year. I would think that game would be a pick em' or slightly favor Miami (as long as no snow is falling).

2 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

This is really the first season where coaches have to convince the players they have something to play for when an explicit bye is not at stake. I don't know how you get Stefon Diggs to get up for the game if the Bills are locked into 2 or 3, especially without fans present this year. I would think that game would be a pick em' or slightly favor Miami (as long as no snow is falling).

I like Diggs would like to add to his excellent season hes having.

and to win.

players like winning

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Doesn't sound like the Bills will be resting guys in week 17 unless they've secured  the 2nd seed by then (would need a Bengals win tonight).

They could let them play a half and sit the 2nd half since the Steelers will be down 35 at half in week 17. 😄

• Like 1

at this point, whatever.

If we can't beat Buffalo in Buffalo what's the point of being in the playoffs anyway?

would be nice to make it but this is a successful season as far as I'm concerned regardless. Assuming we take care of business against LV next week, @Buffalo just becomes our first playoff game (assuming that the Ravens, Colts, or Browns don't manage to lose out somehow).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

at this point, whatever.

If we can't beat Buffalo in Buffalo what's the point of being in the playoffs anyway?

would be nice to make it but this is a successful season as far as I'm concerned regardless. Assuming we take care of business against LV next week, @Buffalo just becomes our first playoff game (assuming that the Ravens, Colts, or Browns don't manage to lose out somehow).

Good way to look at it honestly. If Miami was in the playoffs, likely they’d be on the road against Buffalo or Tennessee. 

Week 17 is basically a playoff game. Sudden Death for Miami, and Round Robin for Buffalo. 

Should be a fun game. 

14 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Doesn't sound like the Bills will be resting guys in week 17 unless they've secured  the 2nd seed by then (would need a Bengals win tonight).

Good, Miami should have to earn it. They either belong in the play offs or they don't. I miss the Marino-Kelly rivalry era hopefully the division is swinging back that way. Barring catastrophe (injuries) this season has been a success. The fact that Miami controls its own play off chances entering week 16 is well beyond the expectations I had at the beginning of the year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Good, Miami should have to earn it. They either belong in the play offs or they don't. I miss the Marino-Kelly rivalry era hopefully the division is swinging back that way. Barring catastrophe (injuries) this season has been a success. The fact that Miami controls its own play off chances entering week 16 is well beyond the expectations I had at the beginning of the year.

Yeah no matter where the cards fall over the next two weeks, Dolphins fans have to be happy and confident in the future. You know you have the coach and you know you have the QB. Everything else is the "easy part".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Good way to look at it honestly. If Miami was in the playoffs, likely they’d be on the road against Buffalo or Tennessee. 

Week 17 is basically a playoff game. Sudden Death for Miami, and Round Robin for Buffalo. 

Should be a fun game. 

Fins gotta win the Hawaii Bowl™ with Tua vs Mariota first. And the Raiders can score a ton of points. 

3 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Fins gotta win the Hawaii Bowl™ with Tua vs Mariota first. And the Raiders can score a ton of points. 

I like your D a lot, but I hope Mariota can look good in this game, he has given the team new life. I just want to see Mariota and the Offense have a good game, don’t care too much about the win here as the playoffs are over for us. 

Edited by BayRaider