Who gets left out in the AFC?

Slingin' Sammy

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Gotcha, will def be interesting to see how this whole AFC thing plays out the next 3 weeks...so many potential scenarios and matchups

Yup but of any of the teams fighting for a playoff spot Ravens have to think they are in a good one with the remaining schedule they have and what the other teams have to face that are trying to make it in as well. 

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'd assume that you meant a 6th seeded Browns team here? They have the tiebreakers against both Tennessee and Indianapolis, so it's likely that the Browns are 11-5 (beating the NYJ and one of NYG and Pitt per your scenario) and beat out the odd team out between the Colts and Titans for that 6th spot. Baltimore likely clinched the #5 spot with that win on Monday night, given the rest of their schedule.

25 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t know the seeding anymore. Last I looked at the playoff machine it had them in the 7th seed in some scenarios. It’s all too complicated for my tastes.

But my point doesn’t change. If Pitt rests starters and it turns out that the Browns win the game and only get into the playoffs because they won said game... but then they play each other the following week and the Browns win again, that prospect of being eliminated by a team that you could have prevented entry into the playoffs would be killer and very demoralizing and the media would eat that up for sure.

Figured it out. Prior to the Ravens game (and seeing their ability to fight back through trying times), I had the Browns losing to the Jets, yet beating the Steelers (because they were resting), yet I thought that win would give them the confidence they needed to reignite their vigor and beat the Steelers in the 1st round matchup of the playoffs.

It all just seemed like the kind of thing to anticipate from the Browns. But they earned my respect. I don’t think Stefanski or Baker would allow that squad to lose to the Jets... I don’t think.

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We match up horribly with Miami. Their defense is the exact type to make us struggle, especially their corners. And our defense is the worst Raider Defense in our Franchise's History. Tua and Gaskin probably put up career games.

I dont know about that cause if you can get Jacobs going their defense struggles against the run . Also their top 2 weapons on offense are injured, Gesicki and Parker. I know they have another week to heal but Parker is a hammy issue and that lingers especially for a wr. Keep an eye out on those 2 before the game next week. 

Cleveland is getting healthy with Hooper and Ward returning and the Giants lost James Bradberry for this week. Daniel Jones is badly banged up. It was going to be hard for New York even with those guys healthy. I’m not sounding like a homer when I say it’d be a massive upset for the Giants to win.

Cleveland will finish 11-5 at worst.

Baltimore will win out and finish 11-5.

It comes down to Miami and Indianapolis.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Cleveland is getting healthy with Hooper and Ward returning and the Giants lost James Bradberry for this week. Daniel Jones is badly banged up. It was going to be hard for New York even with those guys healthy. I’m not sounding like a homer when I say it’d be a massive upset for the Giants to win.

Cleveland will finish 11-5 at worst.

Baltimore will win out and finish 11-5.

It comes down to Miami and Indianapolis.

Indianapolis is almost certain to finish 11-5 imo.

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dolphins aren’t losing to the Raiders, and I think it’s 85% likely they beat the Patriots. So that’s a 2-1 finish and 10-6. Dolphins hold the tie breaker over the Browns, Ravens, Colts, and Raiders. 

Sorry you may be right about the Raiders I didn't realize the defense was this bad. I thought for sure they had that game in the bag last night and would give the dolphins a fight but the CBs were just getting picked apart with Allen and Mike Williams both not 100% either. I do have to say that Mariota looked better then I expected him to be. Not sure if this is an option to look at if Carr isnt the guy for LV. Either way that Waller dude is a baller, that could be the biggest surprise of the season, he played well last year and I kind of followed him cause of Hard Knocks but man has he come in to his own. 

• Like 1