From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm still cautious. Because Bouye was the big ticket target that off-season but we have our limits. Robinson is willing to spend but if it gets ridiculous I could see us bow out pretty quickly.

In fairness not one single big time Network was reporting Butler or Lewis to the Titans last year even on the day they signed.

The Guy had it though before FA kicked off

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Yea I don’t expect him to get outrageous and overpay. I just like hearing us going after the prize FAs.. that was a rare thing for awhile 

I think Robinson May have to swallow the bullet & over pay if he has to, keep in mind this is make or break for Mariota how he performs next season dictates if we extend him. TN can’t afford to play the development game at WR. Marcus needs weapons ready to make a impact 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

From the Guy:

Za'Darius Smith and Tyrell Williams are looking to be the two big ticket free agent targets of FA. 

I wonder how big a "ticket" Smith will get.  I see him in that tier after Clowney and Lawrence.  There's a deep market, which is completely different than years past. 

I like the potential Smith brings... but I would hate to overpay.  I know he had an amazing game against this past year, but that was a horrible game overall for our D.  Take that one game away, and Smith has a total 16.5 sacks in 4 years.  It's just a little scary if we start talking a contract of 10+M AAV.

I'd given hope about Tyrell up.  I brough him up months ago, but with the FA market, I'm figuring he's going to get some insane contract.  Maybe he doesn't... and we get that deep threat to compliment Davis and Walker.

6 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I wonder how big a "ticket" Smith will get.  I see him in that tier after Clowney and Lawrence.  There's a deep market, which is completely different than years past. 

I like the potential Smith brings... but I would hate to overpay.  I know he had an amazing game against this past year, but that was a horrible game overall for our D.  Take that one game away, and Smith has a total 16.5 sacks in 4 years.  It's just a little scary if we start talking a contract of 10+M AAV.

I'd given hope about Tyrell up.  I brough him up months ago, but with the FA market, I'm figuring he's going to get some insane contract.  Maybe he doesn't... and we get that deep threat to compliment Davis and Walker.

I feel you but at this point you have to ask yourself this, is he your guy that you feel is a missing piece in contending for a championship. If the answer is yes you spend the money. We don’t have time to sit & hope that small pay receivers can help Marcus grow as a QB next yr is do or die. Hell we’re clearly overpaying for Lewis, Butler & DaQuon, & Kline  as of now. 

• Like 1

It’s important to remind people that the cap has risen again meaning that player salaries are going to increase. 

So for example... a guy like smith. He’s going to get 10+ million because that’s the current going rate for a starting edge defender, not necessarily because his production says so.

this is what players fought for during the last lockout. An increase in veteran salaries.

• Like 1

Some stuff from the Guy back from Indy:

• Yes the Titans looked into Antonio Brown. Not willing to pay the asking price. If they didn't give up an 1st for Cooper, not going to do it for Brown who is older, is the thought.
  • Titans showing interest in Brown led to other teams seeing what they are willing to give up for their WR. (Sanu was used as an example).
  • Targeting FA WR. Tyrell Williams continues to be a name mentioned.
  • Guy is 90% sure they will take an DL or Edge in the 1st. 
  • Spain is likely gone.
  • As we know, Cyprien is gone. Unlikely to re-sign.
  • Vacarro might hit FA, but Titans are hoping to get him back before FA starts. Vacarro's camp is tempted to test market. 
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

• Yes the Titans looked into Antonio Brown. Not willing to pay the asking price. If they didn't give up an 1st for Cooper, not going to do it for Brown who is older, is the thought.
  • Titans showing interest in Brown led to other teams seeing what they are willing to give up for their WR. (Sanu was used as an example).
  • Spain is likely gone.
  • Vacarro might hit FA, but Titans are hoping to get him back before FA starts. Vacarro's camp is tempted to test market. 

God I love this thread lol I hope we dont lose Cyp AND Vaccarro. We will need 2 olineman. Do not like Ben Jones. Garrett Bradbury would be ok with me but super excited to see what we do in FA. That will make the draft more clearer

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

• Spain is likely gone.

Absolutely love that Tyrell Williams appears to be a main target. I've wanted him to be here for months, and he'd be a perfect combo with Corey and give us another big body on the outside that can stretch the field and be a big time red zone target. Just trying not to get my hopes up about anything.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

• Spain is likely gone.

Yep. Said it when the rumor popped up... Why pay a 1st for an aging receiver when he wouldn’t do the same for Cooks or Cooper last year.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep. Said it when the rumor popped up... Why pay a 1st for an aging receiver when he wouldn’t do the same for Cooks or Cooper last year.

I think contract demands probably played a part too.Brown isn't only aging/steelers just requiring a 1st for him..he wants a new deal

• 3 weeks later...