From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

The Guy:
Look for fewer risks in the draft. More focus on solid players that can contribute right away. Not going to be major players in FA..

Clarification:
Doesn't mean they going to settle. But it has been emphasised to double up on homework. Wilson really rocked the process. The homework they got on him was very good. College and scouts feel like he turned into a whole new person in NFL, unrecognizable from the player scouted. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy:
Look for fewer risks in the draft. More focus on solid players that can contribute right away. Not going to be major players in FA..

Clarification:
Doesn't mean they going to settle. But it has been emphasised to double up on homework. Wilson really rocked the process. The homework they got on him was very good. College and scouts feel like he turned into a whole new person in NFL, unrecognizable from the player scouted. 

that's the really crazy thing, is that there were really no off-the-field red flags with wilson. maybe just how young he was in general but that doesn't explain this level of mess at all. coaches spoke very highly of him, no disciplinary issues whatsoever in college, really personable and positive in combine interviews.

but i do hope they don't change it up and play it super safe based on one case of what really just seems like horrendous luck on our part. we need game changers on defense in a bad way.

not too surprising about FA given our cap situation. don't suppose the guy has any dirt on the coaching situation huh...lol

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy:

Clarification:

That means no to players like Jaelan Phillips. Thanks Isaiah you loser.

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy:

Clarification:

I think the not being major players in free agency thing could also mean we are going to try and resign a lot of our own guys 

They will sign a few guys in Free Agency which is all we should need if we do in fact resign a lot of our own guys 

• Like 1

And if you’re trying to play it safe, you probably go for guys that will be contributors more than game changers.

Assuming that they’ve been scouting players the same way since JRob took over, I don’t know if I want them to change much. Overall, he’s way outperformed the average GM, and you will have misses every so often. It’s just part of the process.

Football is the one sport that free agency begins before the draft in comparison to NBA and NHL

I always find that fascinating in the sense of say tour the Titans and you want to bring in Kerrigan let’s say as the veteran guy and draft a OLB in the draft some where 

You may not get the guy or guys you are targeting so it could screw things up a tad 

I hate that NFL turns everything into a spectacle

I hate that it takes over a month for free agency to start

Mike Keith said it use to start sooner, he said 2 weeks after the SB one year they were already having to sign guys in Free Agency 

This will be an interesting free agency for sure

I just want the SB to be over already so we can start focusing on our own guys already 

On 1/23/2021 at 8:42 AM, Titans fan 617 said:

I think the not being major players in free agency thing could also mean we are going to try and resign a lot of our own guys 

They will sign a few guys in Free Agency which is all we should need if we do in fact resign a lot of our own guys 

exactly.. thats the way i read it as well, which is disappointing if you want FA fireworks, but if it means we get CD and jonnu and a few role players back, im down for it.. wonder what this means as far as bringing in a starting leavel edge opposite landry..

On 1/22/2021 at 10:48 PM, KingTitan said:

The Guy:

Clarification:

I wonder if this means, if we let humphries go but resign davis, if say a guy like elijah moore from ole miss ( aj browns good friend) is there at 22, would we take him? He seems LEGIT and could come in from day one and start at the slot. seems like a low risk guy at 22 versus some of the edges not named paye or alujari... wouldnbt be mad at that pick.. talent over need.

On 1/23/2021 at 8:06 AM, TJM217 said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. No Phillips, Barmore, Rousseau, Oweh. Maybe guys like Ossai, Azeez, Collins, or Bolton

is barmore considered a risk? i know he came on late and maybe was a one year guy but didnt daron payne have a similar rise to the top toward the end of his last year at ALA? just asking cause im really intrigued by Payne..

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

You guys don’t seem to understand that KT is the only one allowed to bump this thread.

Think we need two separate threads

One that @KingTitanunlocks only to share updates from TGOTG and then immediately locks after

And another that's always unlocked to discuss the TGOTG updates

tenor.gif?itemid=10182023

• Like 2