2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Can't imagine the Thunder would want to do that

The Cleveland Cavaliers have shown more willingness to move out of the top-3 than either the Detroit Pistons or Houston Rockets. The Cavaliers are further along in their hopes of competing for a playoff spot than either the Pistons or Rockets. If the Oklahoma City Thunder are able to move up, the Cavaliers are the most likely trade partner. The question is whether the Thunder would agree to send Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in a package for No. 3. “I’d personally stay where I’m at and take Evan Mobley or Jalen Green,” one GM said. “As much as I love Shai, he’s not quite at the same level those guys are and the Cavs really need a star

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They were reportedly willing to give up SGA + #6 for #1. Sexton’s coming off of a 24 ppg season and is 22 years old. Plus the difference between Evan Mobley and a prospect like James Bouknight is massive. I think a lot of teams would take Mobley over SGA. 

Where’s my boy Bones Hyland going to go 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I hope he falls to the Jazz at #30, IIRC we’ve worked him out. I could see Phoenix taking him as a Cam Payne replacement. 

Hope the Suns take McBride if both are available.  I think he’s a two way guy with starting 2G potential. 

Jalen Green: “I feel like I’m the best player in my class,” he says. “There’s a lot of talk about [consensus number one pick] Cade Cunningham and other people…but I’m the best player. And I feel like nobody can do what I do. I show up every time the lights come on. Whether it’s some weak players or the top in the country.”

Shots fired. @Sllim Pickens @Texansfan713 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He said I was dropping 30 balls on pros while Cade was getting clamped by Liberty.

They’re really different players. I think it just depends on what you need. 

I definitely feel that Cade makes the players around him better Moreso than Green 

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

They’re really different players. I think it just depends on what you need. 

I definitely feel that Cade makes the players around him better Moreso than Green 

They are definitely are different players. Green is an explosive athlete, Cade isn't. Cade had a negative assist/to ratio and only averaged 0.8 more assists than Jalen in the Big 12. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They are definitely are different players. Green is an explosive athlete, Cade isn't. Cade had a negative assist/to ratio and only averaged 0.8 more assists than Jalen in the Big 12. 

Cades teammates were trash though. I think the top shooter on the team was like 33% from 3 or some garbage like that.  Hard to get assists when your teammates can’t make shots.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So you’ve watched Cade play, presumably several times and came away with the opinion he’s a poor passer with low basketball IQ ?

4 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

So you’ve watched Cade play, presumably several times and came away with the opinion he’s a poor passer with low basketball IQ ?

Not a poor passer with a low basketball IQ, I just don't view him as a primary ball handler in the NBA.