The Broncos Ownership Situation

AnAngryAmerican

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

That’s exactly right. He even said, and I’m sort of paraphrasing since I don’t want to look for the direct quote, “I want to be a part of the organization and I will offer my input at any time but it’s George’s show now.”

Good. John did a lot of good for this organization on and off the field. But, sometimes it's time for a change of flavor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sportcourt7 said:

Does anyone have a timeline for this process? Will the Broncos have a new owner within a month or two? Or could it be 6 months? How long do these things usually take?

Most of the reporters are saying the thinking is to have it all finalized by the start of the regular season. That doesn’t mean we won’t know who it is before then. I wouldn’t be surprised if we know who it is by draft time, but the legal process of the whole sale and transfer will take time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Most of the reporters are saying the thinking is to have it all finalized by the start of the regular season. That doesn’t mean we won’t know who it is before then. I wouldn’t be surprised if we know who it is by draft time, but the legal process of the whole sale and transfer will take time. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

It’s cool to think about where we are and where we were 13 months ago at the four most important positions: Owner, GM, HC, & QB.

With Paton & Russ we’re a solid B+/A- at GM & QB. There is a lot of optimism surrounding Hackett and ownership resolution is on the horizon.

Not bad after the clown quartet of Ellis/Elway/Fangio/Lock 13 months ago.

On 3/11/2022 at 7:41 AM, bMiller031 said:

It’s cool to think about where we are and where we were 13 months ago at the four most important positions: Owner, GM, HC, & QB.

With Paton & Russ we’re a solid B+/A- at GM & QB. There is a lot of optimism surrounding Hackett and ownership resolution is on the horizon.

Not bad after the clown quartet of Ellis/Elway/Fangio/Lock 13 months ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we all wanted the cash flush owner. And here come the Waltons.

Rob Walton is worth 70 billion dollars. Not sure anyone else in the running is even worth 10. If we want the rich owner advantage, this is the guy. Hopefully a little family rivalry with Kroenke will encourage Walton to compete at the highest level.