The Broncos Ownership Situation

AnAngryAmerican

21 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

I apologize, who are we rooting for to take over ownership? ...I thought it was Britney, but I could be mistaken. Working from home the sun is my only guide.

I'd prefer the team to be sold.

I don't have much faith in Brittany. 

In a dream world, I agree with @jolly red giantthat a group of investors with Peyton Manning serving as President of the General Partner would be the best. But I don't see that happening. From everything I've read, Robert F. Smith is certainly a candidate and he seems like he would be a solid owner, can't know for sure but much of what I have read and heard about him I like. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

In a dream world, I agree with @jolly red giantthat a group of investors with Peyton Manning serving as President of the General Partner would be the best. But I don't see that happening. From everything I've read, Robert F. Smith is certainly a candidate and he seems like he would be a solid owner, can't know for sure but much of what I have read and heard about him I like. 

I read Jeff Bezos is a consideration.  

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 11:50 AM, AnAngryAmerican said:

My preference is that no one from the Bowlen family own the team. I think that situation is just rife with bad blood all around. Is Brittany capable of owning the team? Maybe. I'm not necessarily in the position to make that call. But on some level it does feel like maybe we just need a clean slate without any Bowlen family around.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

Sounds to me like a settlement is in the works. 

One of two things could come from this - either the seven children have agreed on a single successor (which would have to be Brittany, I assume, given that is what Ellis and the trust have been pushing) or the children all agreed to put the team up for sale and each will take their ~$400,000,000 cut and walk away happy. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Could the Monfort brothers buy us?

One, the NFL has a rule that principle owners cannot own another American professional team. it's why Josh Kronke, not Stan, is the de facto (or at least legal ) owner of the Nuggets and Avs. 

And two, if they tried to buy the Broncos, the backlash from fans and media would be so harsh the other 31 owners would never approve the sale.