2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Hilton got $6 mil AAV, so it seems that might be the top of the market. I'd love to see Williams back at around 4 or 5 AAV.

Definitely in this market, I think. I mean, you can run out Nickell Robey Coleman who is a very good nickel corner and he cost 1 million last year. That was always the challenging part with Williams...establishing his worth as a player with the  worth of the position 

Just now, Forge said:

Definitely in this market, I think. I mean, you can run out Nickell Robey Coleman who is a very good nickel corner and he cost 1 million last year. That was always the challenging part with Williams...establishing his worth as a player with the  worth of the position 

True. With Williams, it seems it's a 2-team race so the market won't be "hot" for him in terms of volume, but it could be competitive between us and the Jets. I know if I was Saleh, I'd pound the table for him. If I want to instill my philosophy. mentality, and scheme, it starts with getting Williams on board to be my tone setter for the rest of the defense. 

Williams has more value with the Jets than he does with the Niners. But with that said, I'd still love to have him back. 

Just now, Forge said:

Very first post :D:D:D

LOL wow. You just never know how guys will pan out sometimes. I mean, K'Waun Williams is a great example of this as well. He wasn't wanted by the Browns anymore and we gladly scooped him up for next to nothing. 

There's value to be had all over the league. You just have to know where to look, trust your player development, or have good luck.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

LOL wow. You just never know how guys will pan out sometimes. I mean, K'Waun Williams is a great example of this as well. He wasn't wanted by the Browns anymore and we gladly scooped him up for next to nothing. 

There's value to be had all over the league. You just have to know where to look, trust your player development, or have good luck.

Look at J throwing this heater and and though it took a little longer to pan out, calling his shot 

On 7/31/2017 at 4:13 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually mocked Patrick as our last pick of the draft. Super raw but could be something next year.

• Like 1

Just now, GW21 said:

We also had Chris Hogan as an UDFA who turned in a pretty solid career and PJ Fleck who is now the head coach for the Golden Gophers. It's weird looking back at some of those UDFAs and where they ended up. 

I remember those two. I also remember being mildy irritated that Hogan went on to do something, but I figured it was more of a case of being with Bill and Brady than anything else.

Hogan retired to play Lacrosse.

Time to get this done NOW!!!!! Come on Lynch, make it happen!!!!

I haven't seen the replies but I'm guessing that's how the replies are going LOL.

The question is how soon do they trade Watson?

So what are all the cap implications of trading for Watson and sending back Bosa while releasing Jimmy?

Still a net gain, correct? @Forge

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Time to get this done NOW!!!!! Come on Lynch, make it happen!!!!

I haven't seen the replies but I'm guessing that's how the replies are going LOL.

The question is how soon do they trade Watson?

So what are all the cap implications of trading for Watson and sending back Bosa while releasing Jimmy?

Still a net gain, correct? @Forge

Yep, basically a wash. 

15 million for Watson, negative 10.5 for Bosa, +23.6 for Jimmy. 

So we lose about 1.5 - 2M (unsure on Watson's exact hit) 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep, basically a wash. 

15 million for Watson, negative 10.5 for Bosa, +23.6 for Jimmy. 

So we lose about 1.5 - 2M (unsure on Watson's exact hit) 

Got it, so actually lose some cap. But pretty much a wash so we will be fine there.

I hate how I'm doing this to myself, but now I am back in thinking we trade for him LOL. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Got it, so actually lose some cap. But pretty much a wash so we will be fine there.

I hate how I'm doing this to myself, but now I am back in thinking we trade for him LOL. 

Depends on how much pressure he's exerting. I still like Carolina as the favorite in the NFC, and then of course the AFC teams. Really curious to see how all in Denver would be. @Broncofan indicated that previously, Ben had been lukewarm on the idea that Denver would target Watson...but he's recently changed his tune, so that could be something to monitor. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Depends on how much pressure he's exerting. I still like Carolina as the favorite in the NFC, and then of course the AFC teams. Really curious to see how all in Denver would be. @Broncofan indicated that previously, Ben had been lukewarm on the idea that Denver would target Watson...but he's recently changed his tune, so that could be something to monitor. 

Carolina would be mega-aggressive.  The issue is whether Watson would agree to go there.   The perception is CAR wouldn't be as close to contending as DEN/SF would be if they had to trade their young defenders.   Hard to argue there.  

If the Lombardi report is true (and keep in mind MIA signing Brissett really points to their belief in Tua or a rookie - you don't do that if you are targeting Watson as plan A), and NYJ/MIA are out, then yeah, DEN/CAR are neck & neck, and SF isn't far behind.  Those would be the 3 most likely destinations if Watson is dead set against NYJ, and MIA is throwing their chips in with Tua.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1