2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Just now, John232 said:

Apparently Sherman has a really weak market. Would love to have him come back on a one year deal. 

Didn't think about him returning but yeah, wouldn't mind that. If the team wants to run more man coverage though, they may go another direction. 

But going after Bouye, Hayward or trying to re-sign Sherman is certainly a move the team may make. 

7 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I hope this is true, I like Higgins and Patrick. If we have to sign a WR, give me Patrick. 

Higgins would be good Tim Patrick would also be a good get. The rest of the 'not so big names' don't really interest me.

EDIT: I realize that I basically just echoed exactly what @NinerNation21 said. Have a football!

• Like 1

Now that Williams is done, I hope the Niners can get some deals done with our own FA's. My list of wants from our group are:

• K'Waun Williams - Would like him back, but there are other good options out there. 
  • D.J. Jones - I don't think he will cost much, frankly. And he wants to come back.
  • Ben Garland - Should be very cheap and a great depth center.
  • Jordan Reed - Not sure what his market is. I'd like him back on a cheap, incentive deal. But also, Brevin Jordan 😍
  • Jordan Willis - Should be very cheap depth at EDGE. Didn't suck last year with us and a full off season with Kocerek could benefit him greatly.

Jamar Taylor is a guy I want to add to this list, but I think his best case scenario is starting the year on PUP. I have no clue where he is with his ACL, but I liked him a lot last year.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, N4L said:

I have been meaning to ask you about this black magic 13m in space we suddenly had. This makes a ton of sense. Any idea which players didnt reach their incentives? 

Trying to remember Sherman's deal but i believe his was heavily incentive based which i am sure last year almost none where made. In 2019 we paid those even without hitting it exactly but doubt we did this year.

Also really don't think i would be happy if i was a Colts fan these past few years with how little aggresiveness Ballard shows year after year. Its almost if he is more affraid to lose his job than to do anything to make the team better. If you have Snead on one side with being aggressive Ballard is almost the complete opposite. 

His drafts have been pretty damn good but ultimately you have to be aggresive to make that final step. 

According to OTC, we're in line for a 6th for Spoon next year and the Ebukam deal cancelled out the Bourne deal. I imagine the Mack deal will eventually cancel out the Spoon deal as well.

But, I do think we should get something for Hyder, K. Williams, and Sherman.

Edited by NinerNation21

Just now, Justone2 said:

Also really don't think i would be happy if i was a Colts fan these past few years with how little aggresiveness Ballard shows year after year. Its almost if he is more affraid to lose his job than to do anything to make the team better. If you have Snead on one side with being aggressive Ballard is almost the complete opposite. 

His drafts have been pretty damn good but ultimately you have to be aggresive to make that final step. 

He did trade a 1 for Buckner and made a big move for Carson Wentz. I wouldn't say he hasn't been aggressive, but he surely hasn't been going hog wild either. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Teams have seriously been forced to leave voicemails trying to make offers because houston won't even pick up the phone to listen to offers

Wow. Texans are a horribly run team and even worse than I thought they were. No wonder Watson would much rather retire than to continue playing in Houston.

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

He did trade a 1 for Buckner and made a big move for Carson Wentz. I wouldn't say he hasn't been aggressive, but he surely hasn't been going hog wild either. 

Talking more about FA where they have been at the top of available cap space for what it seems to be years now. If you give guys like Snead or Roseman that amount of space they do what BB did this year. I won't say that is a better way but it feels so passive just like the Packers in most years under Thompson. Yeah in most cases you pay a premium for top FA's but just sitting there with the cap space they have had just screams playing scared to me.