2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

51 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Anyone else hope gore wants to go 1 more year and comes back to us to finish his career. If that happened i don't think i'd care about our qb situation i consider our off season already a win.  

I wouldn't consider our offseason a win by any means, but I'd love to bring back Frank back for one more ride in the Red and Gold. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean 3 1sts and Bosa beats that lol.

But who is to say they won't go 3 1st, CMC and Burns?

I'd go with 2 1sts, 2022 2nd and Bosa. I think that would get it done or be at the cusp of getting the deal done. 

I think at that point, we would just be out on Watson. 

Would be cheaper to go get fields/wilson. cheaper in capital given up, cheaper money. For good reason obviously, neither are watson

Whenever compensation like this gets leaked, its either fake or leaked by the team who owns the asset trying to drive the price up. 

To me, this says that either A) Carolina aint on the list or B) its fake news

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I believe it. Carolina is going ALL in getting their QB this year. They had the best package for Stafford IMO, at least in terms of draft compensation. Now, Watson may not want to go there but if he is fine going there, then Carolina is going to make it hell for any other team in the Watson sweepstakes. 

It's not a real thing. It was a bold prediction made by a beat writer for an espn segment.

Though I mentioned it before, Carolina seems all in on QB and appear poised to be aggressive as hell to get one. I suspect they end up with fields

• Like 2

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean 3 1sts and Bosa beats that lol.

But who is to say they won't go 3 1st, CMC and Burns?

I'd go with 2 1sts, 2022 2nd and Bosa. I think that would get it done or be at the cusp of getting the deal done. 

Bosa likely isn't getting moved. I'd be surprised. If they moved a stud, I'd expect them to go Warner first if only for financial reasons

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

So we want to give up the farm for a guy who played a full season and got his team the 3rd worst record in the NFL. If he's that good then his play should have elevated the team to at least 7 or 8 wins.

Not his fault rest of his team is pretty awful. Look at his numbers his far from the reason they were terrible last year. 

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Bosa likely isn't getting moved. I'd be surprised. If they moved a stud, I'd expect them to go Warner first if only for financial reasons

I wouldn't be too sure about that. It will depend on who the Texans would want between the two but I don't think Bosa is untouchable or anything. 

Anyways, Maiocco on his podcast said speaking to some of the defensive players, they expect Demeco Ryans scheme to blitz more and be more aggressive than Saleh's scheme. I know it will largely be his choice, but Ahkello would fit this type of scheme much better than the typical cover 3. I really hope we are able to bring him back. What we saw late in the season was basically Verrett and Ahkello up tight at the LOS and often times on an island. Moseley may struggle a bit in this type of defense. But this also wants me for the team to draft Horn even more in the first round. Put him in press coverage and let him go to work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. It will depend on who the Texans would want between the two but I don't think Bosa is untouchable or anything. 

Anyways, Maiocco on his podcast said speaking to some of the defensive players, they expect Demeco Ryans scheme to blitz more and be more aggressive than Saleh's scheme. I know it will largely be his choice, but Ahkello would fit this type of scheme much better than the typical cover 3. I really hope we are able to bring him back. What we saw late in the season was basically Verrett and Ahkello up tight at the LOS and often times on an island. Moseley may struggle a bit in this type of defense. But this also wants me for the team to draft Horn even more in the first round. Put him in press coverage and let him go to work. 

I don’t expect spoon to be back, but if His market isn’t what he wants it to be, I would be coming back on a cheaper deal. 

I think he was in Shannys dog house but oddly enough, it sounds like (at least when Shanny talks) that there’s still some mutual respect there. Spoon is just an infuriating player because his highs are so high and his lows are so low.

that said, I think he will have teams vying for him and wouldn’t be surprised if someone actually overpays him. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nobody is untouchable, that's the difference between fans and FO. But it makes little sense to trade Bosa from a financial perspective (He costs the team 10 million more if they were to trade him than he would to keep him). As such, his value in a trade to the 9ers goes up. If the Texans are willing to agree to that value placed on Bosa, then I don't see why we wouldn't trade him, I just find that highly unlikely. 

Put it this way...we may something like, "sure, we'll give you Bosa, but the rest of the deal is going to be this years 2nd, next years 1 + 2023 1" but then if it's Warner, they may something like "Warner + 12 + 2022 & 23 Firsts".  I think the Texans will find greater value in futures using Warner. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nobody is untouchable, that's the difference between fans and FO. But it makes little sense to trade Bosa from a financial perspective (He costs the team 10 million more if they were to trade him than he would to keep him). As such, his value in a trade to the 9ers goes up. If the Texans are willing to agree to that value placed on Bosa, then I don't see why we wouldn't trade him, I just find that highly unlikely. 

Put it this way...we may something like, "sure, we'll give you Bosa, but the rest of the deal is going to be this years 2nd, next years 1 + 2023 1" but then if it's Warner, they may something like "Warner + 12 + 2022 & 23 Firsts".  I think the Texans will find greater value in futures using Warner. 

But again, it will be what the Texans want here. Of course for Niners it makes more sense to trade Warner, but if the Texans are hell bent on getting Bosa, then that's who they will get.

Personally? I've already stated I rate Warner higher for this defense due to him being a cyborg in coverage. He's the flat out leader of the defense and will be cheaper than Bosa going forward.

If he has to go though and the Texans rate that package higher? Then it will be sad to lose him but you have to do what you have to do to get Watson. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

But again, it will be what the Texans want here. Of course for Niners it makes more sense to trade Warner, but if the Texans are hell bent on getting Bosa, then that's who they will get.

Personally? I've already stated I rate Warner higher for this defense due to him being a cyborg in coverage. He's the flat out leader of the defense and will be cheaper than Bosa going forward.

If he has to go though and the Texans rate that package higher? Then it will be sad to lose him but you have to do what you have to do to get Watson. 

The Texans can want him all they want. The 9ers are going to have a price on him and they are going to have to be amenable to that (or there will have to be a compromise, obviously). That price is going to be far more steep than the one for Warner in my opinion. Given Bosa's injury history, the Texans may not be amenable to that price point. The 9ers price on Bosa will be inflated because of the financial ramifications of moving him (or at least they should be), not just the positional value, contract remaining and player. 

I just think that Bosa considerably changes the trade dynamics to a point where the Texans may just like a Warner package more. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Texans can want him all they want. The 9ers are going to have a price on him and they are going to have to be amenable to that (or there will have to be a compromise, obviously). That price is going to be far more steep than the one for Warner in my opinion. Given Bosa's injury history, the Texans may not be amenable to that price point. The 9ers price on Bosa will be inflated because of the financial ramifications of moving him (or at least they should be), not just the positional value, contract remaining and player. 

I just think that Bosa considerably changes the trade dynamics to a point where the Texans may just like a Warner package more. 

And that may be the case. But the point was that if they want Bosa, then he will have to be included in the trade package and I think the team will give in to those demands eventually. 

But if they want to keep all the elite talent they can, then they need to suck it up and trade in the top 4 to go get Fields or Wilson. There you have a young QB on a rookie deal for like 4-5 years and you can continue building a dominant defense while saving a lot of cap space getting off of Jimmy's contract.

No excuses for them either way. Want to run it back with Jimmy? Cool, want to trade for Watson? Then go all in there and give what you have to. Would prefer rather going for a rookie QB instead and keeping Bosa/Warner? Great, then go and trade next years first and whatever else you need to make it happen. A winning season and playoff birth is a MUST next year. If you keep Jimmy, then you better make sure your backup QBs are more than competent enough to hold the fort down if he gets hurt........yet again. 

I know it sounds ridiculous, But I don't think it's insane to think that Bosa, 12 and a second next year is a good haul for Watson. I know it might not match with the "demand" of someone like Watson, but I wouldn't trade Bosa for 2 first round picks, maybe 3..Bosa is pretty easily the best player that the Texans could get for Watson, especially considering his contract.  Bosa is also coming off the injury so his value is low, but when he was healthy, he was literally a top 5 DE as a rookie. Outside of QB, DE is the most important position in the league and I would say there's even a tier between DE and every other position on defense. 

But I kind of agree with @J-ALL-DAY If we lost Warner, I think it would be felt throughout the whole defense. I think Bosa is better and more important...but Warner is literally the best LBer in the game and those guys at their peak are really only surpassed by elite Edges and REAL shutdown corners, especially someone like Warner in our current NFL. 

I'm really just at the point of wanting us to tradeup for Wilson if Fields goes 2, otherwise, holdout a year and see what happens. I'm ready for a bit of a soft rebuild. Clear the ugly contracts, get the studs paid and eventually move on from Jimmy G. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And that may be the case. But the point was that if they want Bosa, then he will have to be included in the trade package and I think the team will give in to those demands eventually. 

But if they want to keep all the elite talent they can, then they need to suck it up and trade in the top 4 to go get Fields or Wilson. There you have a young QB on a rookie deal for like 4-5 years and you can continue building a dominant defense while saving a lot of cap space getting off of Jimmy's contract.

No excuses for them either way. Want to run it back with Jimmy? Cool, want to trade for Watson? Then go all in there and give what you have to. Would prefer rather going for a rookie QB instead and keeping Bosa/Warner? Great, then go and trade next years first and whatever else you need to make it happen. A winning season and playoff birth is a MUST next year. If you keep Jimmy, then you better make sure your backup QBs are more than competent enough to hold the fort down if he gets hurt........yet again. 

This is honestly another issue with Jimmy, He's proved to be so unreliable, we need to spend money on an actual backup QB that's good, that is if we want to compete. good backup QB's aren't cheap either. Just another reason to move on from the guy and go get a rookie QB.