Kyle Smith

lavar703

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not saying Hurney would be a great solution, but you can't convince me the loss of Kyle is anything that I am going to be overly upset about either

If losing Kyle isn’t going to frustrate you, then just look at the records of those that would be replacing him. As Dennis Green would say, “they are who we thought they were.” At least with Kyle Smith, he’s on an upward career trajectory, not a guy who has already been fired as a GM with a sub .500 record to boot. 

and this should further frustrate you that the team cannot commit to a singular direction. That a guy is a candidate for this job who interviewed along with Rivera for control of the organization is an absolute joke. Snyder can’t get out of his own way. 

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

As I’ve said before if Ron is going that route I’d allow him to go and I’d allow Kyle to hire his staff. A coach matters but a guy who can identify talent and has this type of vision I’d let Ron go. There’s no way Kyle Smith leaves this building 

We’ll be reading the same stories a couple years from know that we’ve been reading about McVay. This team just doesn’t have the balls to make the right decision. They’re too scared to be successful. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

As I’ve said before if Ron is going that route I’d allow him to go and I’d allow Kyle to hire his staff. A coach matters but a guy who can identify talent and has this type of vision I’d let Ron go. There’s no way Kyle Smith leaves this building 

Yeah, I'm there with you.  We should've gone the GM route, because there are so many things that impact the "coach-centered" approach, and really, there is only one true success of the coach-centered approach which is Belichick.  Every other example held up of the coach-centered approach is really a balance of the two.  

• Like 1

We’ve had plenty of coaches!!! The talent was growing before Ron!!! If he doesn’t prefer kyle great I don’t need them to be friends Rons friends got his *** fired. I want Ron not at the cost of Kyle. There’s to many people out here that would love to have Kyle making the selections. Snyder has to get this right!!! He can’t give another coach or cast off the power to lose the one guy who grew here and earned this position. There’s nothing Ron could even say this is a preformance based job and None of those guys are finding the players Kyle is in today’s game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If losing Kyle isn’t going to frustrate you, then just look at the records of those that would be replacing him. As Dennis Green would say, “they are who we thought they were.” At least with Kyle Smith, he’s on an upward career trajectory, not a guy who has already been fired as a GM with a sub .500 record to boot. 

and this should further frustrate you that the team cannot commit to a singular direction. That a guy is a candidate for this job who interviewed along with Rivera for control of the organization is an absolute joke. Snyder can’t get out of his own way. 

high five step brothers GIF

5 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

We’ve had plenty of coaches!!! The talent was growing before Ron!!! If he doesn’t prefer kyle great I don’t need them to be friends Rons friends got his *** fired. I want Ron not at the cost of Kyle. There’s to many people out here that would love to have Kyle making the selections. Snyder has to get this right!!! He can’t give another coach or cast off the power to lose the one guy who grew here and earned this position. There’s nothing Ron could even say this is a preformance based job and None of those guys are finding the players Kyle is in today’s game. 

Well while I hate when coaches do this, everyone does it. Every single GM or HC brings in the guys they’re most comfortable.

I want Kyle to be the guy, he should be the guy and I think he’s earned it over the last 9 years working in this organization but, I’ll also remind folks that Hurney was Bobby Bethards Assistant in San Diego. 

I would venture to say that Kyle could learn a few more years from Hurney and then become the GM if, IF someone doesn’t poach Kyle and yes, that’s a huge gamble.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not saying Hurney would be a great solution, but you can't convince me the loss of Kyle is anything that I am going to be overly upset about either

Sidebar....Isn't Hurney like really really old?  Do we really hire a guy now who is at the end of their career?  Aren't we trying to build something new not old?

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And LOL at anyone who doesn’t think this is Hurney. Not a word of this until he got fired. Now all of a sudden we’re planning on hiring a GM. 

I am concerned over Rick Smith coming back up, but only because of Snyder potentially influencing things.  I'll take Smith over Hurney or Mayhew though, all days of the week.

8 minutes ago, taylor made said:

How many times is Rivera gonna have to prove the haters wrong?

The hate isn’t for Rivera. I can understand his want for surrounding himself with people he trusts. My issue is with Snyder and him deciding to attempt a coach-centric approach which nearly never works. They’ve been grooming Kyle Smith for what, nearly 10 years? Give him a shot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

The hate isn’t for Rivera. I can understand his want for surrounding himself with people he trusts. My issue is with Snyder and him deciding to attempt a coach-centric approach which nearly never works. They’ve been grooming Kyle Smith for what, nearly 10 years? Give him a shot. 

Not just attempt a coach-centric, but abandoning it after one year.  And now chasing the front office version of McVay out of town along with it, to bring in a bunch of retreads.  

• Like 2