Week 14 GDT

SteelKing728

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

The cap hit is very ugly any way you look at it.

Its a bit less ugly after 2021 so that would be the only reason.

No one is giving them anything of value for Wentz and his contract and they are not going to cut him and eat 34.6 million.

If you cut him and pay a backup then it actually costs you more money.

In 2022 you can cut him for just under 10 million.

i could see a team giving up a 4th/5th. Heck WFT with a rejuvenated Wentz? Thats a really, really good team.

Just now, WheatieMan said:

Yeah but they may be able to fix him in the off season. Is there trade value today? No... can they cut him? Yes... but at what cost? And you need two QBs anyhow especially when one is a run pass option guy. The Eagles don’t have the cap to make huge splashes and contend next year given how poorly they’ve drafted and their pitiful O-Line. Hurts will get killed barring a miraculous turn around. Let Wentz contract roll or if he bounces back, franchise and trade him. Can’t trade him this off season and expect anything in return. Where is he gonna go? WFT?

I agree. I think Wentz is on the roster next year but just as the backup. (big IF that is up to Hurts the next 3 weeks)

You can learn a lot about him with a better team in a non-Covid season even if he only gets 3 or 4 starts as a backup.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The cap hit is very ugly any way you look at it.

Its a bit less ugly after 2021 so that would be the only reason.

No one is giving them anything of value for Wentz and his contract and they are not going to cut him and eat 34.6 million.

If you cut him and pay a backup then it actually costs you more money.

In 2022 you can cut him for just under 10 million.

No you can't,  15 million of 2022 salary guarantees in 2021 on the third day. Its not counted in his dead money right now because it hasn't guaranteed, but if you are keeping him in 2021, it obviously will and you have to add that manually. you cut him in 2022, it's a 39 million dollar dead hit and he costs more to cut then keep on the roster again. 

You trade him, for anything (if you can). Take the dead hit next year and don't pay him any more real cash.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

if i remember the playoff structure correctly, the only seed that matters really is #1 and GB should have the inside track. And he better teams in the NFC are all grouped together, i dont think theres any one team far and away better. once you get to like the top 6... heck, even WFT could be a problem with that defense.

Oh no I know. What I was saying is the Saints losing opens the door for the 3 seeded team right now the Rams to still have a great chance to get the 1 seed. Rams are already 1 game back of the Packers. The Saints were the team that needed to lose so the Rams could be 1 game back of them too. Now the Rams are 1 game back of both the Saints and Packers so the Rams have a legit chance to get that 1 seed. Thats what I was saying. Btw if the Packers lose and with the Rams the Rams have the tiebreaker due to they would have the better conference record. Now the Saints have 2 conference losses so if they lose to the Chiefs next week they would still have 2 conference losses. But yeah its getting interesting at the top of the NFC.  

Edited by stl4life07

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

No you can't,  15 million of 2022 salary guarantees in 2021 on the third day. Its not counted in his dead money right now because it hasn't guaranteed, but if you are keeping him in 2021, it obviously will and you have to add that manually. you cut him in 2022, it's a 39 million dollar dead hit and he costs more to cut then keep on the roster again. 

You trade him, for anything (if you can). Take the dead hit next year and don't pay him any more real cash.

I can't believe they were stupid enough to sign him to a Gurley contract.

I have no idea what they will do now.

I am OK with firing whoever worked out that awful contract. Its now the worst in NFL history.

Gurley and Zeke had leverage to get those pathetic deals (I would have let them hold out instead of offering it)

There was no reason to give it to Wentz that early.

I literally never looked into the early vesting options because there was no reason to ever do that when giving a young QB his 30+ a year deal very early.

This is insanity

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

This Wentz contract is bad enough that the Eagles might try to sell it in a trade by giving up more assets and the league might block them.

The good thing is that I do think there's interest in trying to fix him and would be trade interest. I think he'd have trade value. I don't think it's much, that's why a few weeks ago I said a fifth round pick. The tricky part is the 15m vesting on 2022... Teams don't want to have to commit for multiple years when acquiring a guy like that. So that has to be worked around

8 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Flex Kyler vs Jalen NBC

Mayfield and Fumble Jones already flexed. Titans and Packers the following (can’t flex that given playoff implications). Week 17 you have potentially Eagles flexed as WFT should control it’s destiny if they pick up another game on the Giants between now and then. Also Bills Dolphins but Bills will likely clinch by then. Arizona LA most likeliest. 

Edited by WheatieMan

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

The offense basically shut down with Alex Smiths calf injury. Haskins does nothing but run scout team and had no idea what he was doing out there. It wasn’t like the 49ers were going to score a ton of points and their last scoring drive happened because Sweat gifted them a first down on what would’ve been another three and out had he not roughed Mullens. The tweet is a bit misleading.