Week 14 GDT

SteelKing728

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The offense basically shut down with Alex Smiths calf injury. Haskins does nothing but run scout team and had no idea what he was doing out there. It wasn’t like the 49ers were going to score a ton of points and their last scoring drive happened because Sweat gifted them a first down on what would’ve been another three and out had he not roughed Mullens. The tweet is a bit misleading. 

Not really. It's saying that the defense dominated (And it did, with or without Smith in) and the offense was overly inept, which it was. The score helped by sweat just makes the spirit of the tweet all the more accurate given that the defense played like that and the niners could have lost by 15. The only thing its not doing is giving credit to the Washington defense, which it should... Though Mullens was awful independent of the defense

5 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I love Terry but that's more than a bit of a hot take, there...

Not sure how that’s even a hot take, let alone “a bit more” than one. 

He has more receptions than both of them. He has more yards than AJ, and only a bit over 100 less than DK. 

He’s done this as literally the only receiving threat on his own team. They’ve had no meaningful run threat for the majority of his short career. They’ve gone through 4 play-callers in less than 2 seasons. And he’s done it with the following cast of QBs throwing him the ball:

Dwayne Haskins - 11 starts

Case Keenum - 8 starts

Alex Smith - 4 starts

Kyle Allen - 4 starts

Colt McCoy - 1 start

Hard to imagine the kind of numbers he could have put up with even decent QB play, let alone the very good or excellent play that Brown and Metcalf have benefitted from. Not to mention if he had even a little talent around him to open things up a bit.

And yet he’s still putting up almost identical numbers to these guys. I get it, he doesn’t look like a Transformer meets the Monstars like they do, he isn’t going to show up on “you got Mossed” or the other highlight reels as much as they will. But he’s an incredibly skilled player, and he’s been constantly open since day one, despite all the attention paid to him.

I’m not mad at anyone preferring one of those guys or the other. But I don’t think it’s remotely crazy or far-fetched to put McLaurin in their company.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Not sure how that’s even a hot take, let alone “a bit more” than one. 

He has more receptions than both of them. He has more yards than AJ, and only a bit over 100 less than DK. 

He’s done this as literally the only receiving threat on his own team. They’ve had no meaningful run threat for the majority of his short career. They’ve gone through 4 play-callers in less than 2 seasons. And he’s done it with the following cast of QBs throwing him the ball:

Dwayne Haskins - 11 starts

Case Keenum - 8 starts

Alex Smith - 4 starts

Kyle Allen - 4 starts

Colt McCoy - 1 start

Hard to imagine the kind of numbers he could have put up with even decent QB play, let alone the very good or excellent play that Brown and Metcalf have benefitted from. Not to mention if he had even a little talent around him to open things up a bit.

And yet he’s still putting up almost identical numbers to these guys. I get it, he doesn’t look like a Transformer meets the Monstars like they do, he isn’t going to show up on “you got Mossed” or the other highlight reels as much as they will. But he’s an incredibly skilled player, and he’s been constantly open since day one, despite all the attention paid to him.

I’m not mad at anyone preferring one of those guys or the other. But I don’t think it’s remotely crazy or far-fetched to put McLaurin in their company.

He had 24 yards today, guy. Chill/

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Not really. It's saying that the defense dominated (And it did, with or without Smith in) and the offense was overly inept, which it was. The score helped by sweat just makes the spirit of the tweet all the more accurate given that the defense played like that and the niners could have lost by 15. The only thing its not doing is giving credit to the Washington defense, which it should... Though Mullens was awful independent of the defense

Defense dominated but doesnt have play makers that cause to and score points

The Rams have technically clinched a playoff spot but the media doesn't realize it so we haven't gotten the official news.

The domino was the Niners losing.

Packers, Saints, Rams, FT, Seahawks, Bucs, Cardinals are all currently in.

Rams have 9 wins, which means worst we can finish is 9-7. Conference record is 8-2, worst it can be is 8-4.

Washington, Minnesota and Chicago are all 6-7, which means best they can be is 9-7 (CHI and MIN play, so best case of 9-7 only applies to the winner of that game).

Each of them have 5 conference losses, which means that the best their conference records could be is 7-5. Conference record would be the reason the Rams have clinched.

But it's even easier than that - Washington can't get to a tiebreaker with LA, because the Giants are 5-8 - so no NFCE wildcard could enter into a tiebreaker as we have clinched a better record than all but one team. Chicago and Minnesota playing also guarantees that the worst case scenario would be getting into a 9-7 tiebreaker with only one team - we beat Chicago head to head and we have a better conference record than Minnesota could possibly have.

We play the Jets next week, so this is a moot point anyway, but it irks me that nobody has realized that we've technically clinched a playoff spot.

I guess maybe breaking a potential tie between AZ, TB, LA, and MIN/CHI all at 9-7 is the reason why? But even in that scenario, our conference record would get us in I believe.

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

The Rams have technically clinched a playoff spot but the media doesn't realize it so we haven't gotten the official news.

The domino was the Niners losing.

Packers, Saints, Rams, FT, Seahawks, Bucs, Cardinals are all currently in.

Rams have 9 wins, which means worst we can finish is 9-7. Conference record is 8-2, worst it can be is 8-4.

Washington, Minnesota and Chicago are all 6-7, which means best they can be is 9-7 (CHI and MIN play, so best case of 9-7 only applies to the winner of that game).

Each of them have 5 conference losses, which means that the best their conference records could be is 7-5. Conference record would be the reason the Rams have clinched.

But it's even easier than that - Washington can't get to a tiebreaker with LA, because the Giants are 5-8 - so no NFCE wildcard could enter into a tiebreaker as we have clinched a better record than all but one team. Chicago and Minnesota playing also guarantees that the worst case scenario would be getting into a 9-7 tiebreaker with only one team - we beat Chicago head to head and we have a better conference record than Minnesota could possibly have.

We play the Jets next week, so this is a moot point anyway, but it irks me that nobody has realized that we've technically clinched a playoff spot.

I guess maybe breaking a potential tie between AZ, TB, LA, and MIN/CHI all at 9-7 is the reason why? But even in that scenario, our conference record would get us in I believe.

nope, you arent in yet

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/offrank/results/401220350~2~401220362~1~401220328~1~401220275~1~401220199~2~401220337~2

6th Seed - Minnesota
Wins tie break over Arizona based on best win percentage in common games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Los Angeles (Arizona wins tie break over Los Angeles based on best win percentage in division games).

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Why would people talk about it when it hasn't actually happened yet?

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

nope, you arent in yet

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/offrank/results/401220350~2~401220362~1~401220328~1~401220275~1~401220199~2~401220337~2

6th Seed - Minnesota
Wins tie break over Arizona based on best win percentage in common games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Los Angeles (Arizona wins tie break over Los Angeles based on best win percentage in division games).

Makes sense. I didn't think about a three way tie involving the Cards

On 12/14/2020 at 6:36 AM, MWil23 said:

COME ON BROWNS...I'm in full Charlie Brown mode here.

d1009521056199e43e58617481dc8b5b.gif

Man, this was the most accurate recap of that MNF game I have ever seen, and it happened in advance!

you must be a browns fan beaten into submission 

Edited by N4L

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Man, this was the most accurate recap of that MNF game I have ever seen, and it happened in advance!

you must be a browns fan beaten into submission 

Read through last night’s GDT when I predicted Gregg Williams Cover 0 TD on Lamar’s play for the go ahead TD.