Official 2021 Off Ball Linebacker Thread

MOSteelers56

1 minute ago, BRANDON26841X said:

Agreed. I'd probably take Werner over Browning honestly.  

If he's able to put it all together, then absolutely...but that's yet to be seen. He's an athletic marvel who has shown flashes of being incredible and flashes of being replaced in big time games by a guy who ran a 5 second 40 at his pro day (Borland).

On 4/9/2021 at 5:47 PM, Jeezla said:

Rank these ILB/MLB prospects:

Micah Parsons
Zaven Collins
Devin White
Devin Bush
Roquan Smith
Tremaine Edmunds
Ryan Shazier
CJ Mosley

1. Devin White

2. Roquan Smith

3. CJ Mosley

4. Devin Bush

5. Zaven Collins (he’s not a MLB tho)

6. Micah Parsons

7. Tremaine Edmunds

8. Ryan Shazier (no hindsight)

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Greg Cosell loves him as a guy who isn't being talked about a whole lot.

He seems to have some assignment versatility based on his experience as an edge rusher and as an off ball linebacker. I definitely like him as a prospect for the Chiefs.

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Why isn't JOK considered one of the best players in the draft? Everything I have seen of him ticks the boxes except for size. 

JOK is more of a safety/Star hybrid. He's 6'1 and 215, so he's going to be a slot/push hybrid guy in the NFL.

Why isn't JOK considered one of the best players in the draft? Everything I have seen of him ticks the boxes except for size. 

Think Jamal Adams 2.0, a team that employees him that way will be very happy will their return on investment.  

• Like 1

Probably because no one can definitively say what he brings to the table on predominately run downs, first and second down, what is he? Where is he lined up? Where does he line up when they have to play the Ravens and they are running down hill right at you?  Can he cover #3 receivers in the NFL consistently if he is an apex player?

2 hours ago, R T said:

Think Jamal Adams 2.0, a team that employees him that way will be very happy will their return on investment.  

I don't think JOK moves as smoothly in coverage as Adams. I like the player a lot, but I don't see Jamal Adams 2.0 or a Kam 2.0, I see a LB, like Roquan.