2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Former #Falcons CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson has signed on with #Raiders per his agent.

Little sad we let him get away as well he was very good for the Falcons in spot duty.  I would actually say he was the 2nd best CB we had when he got on the field with Denard being the best we had.  Although Terrell showed the most upside and potential on plays.  AT was probably the 3rd best we had overall but made plays the other 2 couldn't when he did show up.

• Like 5

Seems the Falcons are looking at Hooker at Safety to pair with the 3 other guys we picked up this offseason.  

Duron Harmon
Erik Harris
Richie Grant
Jaylin Hawkins
Malik Hooker

Guessing that would be our safety group if we did pick him up not sure how good Hooker still is or if it's worth picking him up.

6 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Seems the Falcons are looking at Hooker at Safety to pair with the 3 other guys we picked up this offseason.  

Duron Harmon
Erik Harris
Richie Grant
Jaylin Hawkins
Malik Hooker

Guessing that would be our safety group if we did pick him up not sure how good Hooker still is or if it's worth picking him up.

Harris is strictly a special teams guy and a guy who can fill in if you're in a bind at safety. He did make some plays but not a guy you want starting, was a bit if a liability. Hooker was a player a lot of us wanted to give a shot to here, definitely worth the risk though and he has the skills but obviously the injuries and what it's sapped from him are the big questions. Can't imagine he'll be expensive though so definitely worth a punt. Richie Grant again was another guy that lots here were pretty high on, though surprised he went quite that high.......

Edited by Darbsk

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Harris is strictly a special teams guy and a guy who can fill in if you're in a bind at safety. He did make some plays but not a guy you want starting, was a bit if a liability. Hooker was a player a lot of us wanted to give a shot to here, definitely worth the risk though and he has the skills but obviously the injuries and what it's sapped from him are the big questions. Can't imagine he'll be expensive though so definitely worth a punt. Richie Grant again was another guy that lots here were pretty high on, though surprised he went quite that high.......

I think Harmon and Harris are actually the reasons im ok with giving Hooker a try if we pick him up.  Their guys who can start if he does get injured lol.  If we didn't have a capable enough backup for spot duty we probably wouldn't be smart picking him up and relying on him.  As for grant he was my #1 safety in this draft class and i had him as a late 1st round pick.  He was in the majority of my falcons mock drafts in the 2nd round to us and if i went someone else in the 2nd to us i had Cisco or Holland in the 3rd to us.  You can ask everyone in the mock draft section they probably got tired of me asking for Grant over and over again LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

I think Harmon and Harris are actually the reasons im ok with giving Hooker a try if we pick him up.  Their guys who can start if he does get injured lol.  If we didn't have a capable enough backup for spot duty we probably wouldn't be smart picking him up and relying on him.  As for grant he was my #1 safety in this draft class and i had him as a late 1st round pick.  He was in the majority of my falcons mock drafts in the 2nd round to us and if i went someone else in the 2nd to us i had Cisco or Holland in the 3rd to us.  You can ask everyone in the mock draft section they probably got tired of me asking for Grant over and over again LOL

Hehe 😀, I think Grant will be a very solid player for you guys. Liked him a lot but Cisco was probably my favourite, such a ballhawk and instinctual player. I know he has his failings but I felt they were coachable though I really liked Moehrig too so was ecstatic to get him in the second. 

As you say, Hooker is a good lotto ticket to have and he may work out great but you do need a plan B 😁

Harris was a strange player for us, feel good story so we wanted him to succeed and he did make several great plays, came up with some timely interceptions but then he'd have games where he'd completely whiff on tackles and take terrible angles and blow a coverage badly. He can be OK for a game or two and may even make a few plays but you don't want him in there for a long stretch or he'll get found out.

Harmon is a great pickup and should be great for Grant too. 

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 3:51 PM, raidr4life said:

Yup I had Brown as the #1 OT and top 10 pick people got stupid based on the way his body looked running a 40 when he was dominant on the football field.

I understand the weight concerns and the lack of "athleticism" concerns, it's just still baffling to me that we took Brandon Parker over him. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 12:29 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Former #Falcons CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson has signed on with #Raiders per his agent.

Gus Bradley doesn't seem to be a fan of our DB's lol. Hayward, Arnette, and Mullen are the only 3 that are safe, everyone else will have to earn their job in camp. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I understand the weight concerns and the lack of "athleticism" concerns, it's just still baffling to me that we took Brandon Parker over him. 

Weight "can" be an issue if someone isn't motivated. 

"Athleticism" for an OT is usually blown way out of proportion. I mean, yeah, you don't want a giant lump who can't move at all, but that wasn't Brown. 

I'm with you. I thought his tape spoke for itself, and for O-linemen, that's what I care more about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Weight "can" be an issue if someone isn't motivated. 

"Athleticism" for an OT is usually blown way out of proportion. I mean, yeah, you don't want a giant lump who can't move at all, but that wasn't Brown. 

I'm with you. I thought his tape spoke for itself, and for O-linemen, that's what I care more about.

The saddest part is that Tom Cable pounded the table for us to trade up for Parker. We've ignored a lack of elite physical traits to draft guys from big schools with players like Ferrell, Jacobs, and Arnette but then wouldn't do the same with a 3rd round pick.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The saddest part is that Tom Cable pounded the table for us to trade up for Parker. We've ignored a lack of elite physical traits to draft guys from big schools with players like Ferrell, Jacobs, and Arnette but then wouldn't do the same with a 3rd round pick.

Haha, yes it's a total 180 in philosophy from the 1st round to the 3rd! 🙃

Parker actually looked passable on the left side though from what I saw so hopefully they abandon the harebrained scheme to play him on the right and he becomes our backup LT. Good can be the backup RT I feel and cover both guard spots too. No need to carry a dead weight like Young then who can only play one spot badly.