2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We're potentially losing Incognito, Good, Hudson, Jackson, Brown, and Young. 

We aren't losing Young, we are losing 300 lbs of crap.  The rest yeah that really is scary/ugly.  I'm pretty much speechless right now.

38 minutes ago, Geezy said:

the bigger issue is why did he want out? If that report is true. 

Right. He isn't getting a better number in free agency. Why did he want out. He has been the most model raider since day 1. Year 4 of gruden and he asking for a release. People are just skipping over that. 

Um, What is happening? 

We had a prolific offense and were held down by a god awful defense. Why are we gutting the part of the team that was working? Please tell there is a method to this madness.

We couldn't trade Hudson? If not, perhaps we were completely over paying the position. Maybe this is a reevaluation of financial positional priorities. Trent didn't even barely play, so no real loss. Gabe Jackson was good, but was being paid like he is great. Hudson at 13 mill is perhaps more than we should be spending at the center position based on that positions overall value. Incognito is ancient and didn't play due to injury. So basically, we need to replace Gabe and Hudson who were making over 20 mill combined. I think it is reasonable to assume we can address those positions and get a couple of effective performers for 12 mill. That's a big savings.

So I guess my biggest question is, who are we clearing all this cap room for? I'm not sure there is anyone out there worth paying big money too.

I certainly like the Yannick deal. I would not have paid Agholar 13 mill a year. 

I think we are going to sign Juju. Richard Sherman, Kyle Long, Good(if we can get a relatively good value) and one of the more coveted S options available. Draft OT at #17, and then best available defender in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

Schefter :

Chicago made "a very aggressive pursuit" of Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, per sources, and the Bears were told that Seattle is not trading him at this time.

The Bears were one of four teams Wilson's agent named as a place of interest. Now Chicago has an agreement with Andy Dalton.

6 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

So I guess my biggest question is, who are we clearing all this cap room for? I'm not sure there is anyone out there worth paying big money too.

If the cap saving reported by spotrac from Hudson's release is correct, we're not clearing anything significant on the 2021 cap space. So probably no one.