Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

6 minutes ago, ACO said:

That is true. But with all the picks they have if they are not sold on Fields or Wilson.... They can still snag (whoever not grabbed at #2), Lance, Jones, Trask by trading back a little bit and gaining a few premium picks.

But yes I they can very well draft QB at #2, but I think they should stick with Darnold another year.

I think we can trade back a few times and end up with a Lance and D. Smith combo.

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just don't see it. I really want to believe that they will be good but I see myself forcing myself to like them and buy into them

Isn’t this true of most QB prospects though?  Most are over drafted if you compare them to other position players.  Couple that with picking in the top 2 and it is even scarier. I am not entirely against building the team first but I do worry that we will not be in position to grab the best QB ( or second best, damn you LA and Cle) in the near future.

We all know good QB’s can be found anywhere in the draft. It is just more comforting to be able to get the top prospect.

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think we can trade back a few times and end up with a Lance and D. Smith combo.

I really don't see Smith making it past Miami at 3 and certainly not Philly at 6. I think Chase will still be there especially if Bengals go Sewell at 5. The draft is unpredictable but I think we all have a good idea what the top 10 are aiming for.

I won't be surprised to see 4 QBs in the top 10 but I think if Jets trade back as far as, say, 12... they might have a chance still at Lance. But we shall see after pro days and combine. If it happens. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Isn’t this true of most QB prospects though?  Most are over drafted if you compare them to other position players.  Couple that with picking in the top 2 and it is even scarier. I am not entirely against building the team first but I do worry that we will not be in position to grab the best QB ( or second best, damn you LA and Cle) in the near future.

We all know good QB’s can be found anywhere in the draft. It is just more comforting to be able to get the top prospect.

Ya that is the problem. All these scouts say this is the next great one and usually it is the QB that is in the middle of the pack. So why reach for one at pick 2. You should take a guy that has huge upside like a Sewell, D. Smith, Chase or someone along those lines. These guys have a way better chance of doing better than a Wilson or Fields. The Jets a weak pretty much every where. I trust JD and see him talkimg a QB later that he likes for example a guy like Trask, Jones, Lance, type guy and see what they can do. 

30 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yea makes the most sense if they do unless they trade with Houston. From what Fox is saying they plan to keep Darnold and push to trade the #2 pick. Will be interesting to watch both the Jets and Jags this offseason. 

Yeah I think BB will make a play for Wentz or Jimmy. More than likely it will be Jimmy. 

Id love to somehow package our #23, next years first and Sam Darnold for Watson but I think the only way to get him is going to be stupidly high draft picks 

29 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah I think BB will make a play for Wentz or Jimmy. More than likely it will be Jimmy. 

Id love to somehow package our #23, next years first and Sam Darnold for Watson but I think the only way to get him is going to be stupidly high draft picks 

I dont see 2 first rd picks being enough (especially late one). Darnold is going to get you a 3/4th rd pick at best since he is on his last year of his contract along with his performance. A team like the Niners makes more sense to trade for Watson then the Jets. Hopefully BB doesn't get either Wentz or Jimmy, no offense to true Pats fans but I would like for them to get a little taste of what we have been dealing with for so many years with having to scramble for a QB in the draft. Pats fans forget the pre-Tom era and this is a nice glimpse of what we have been having to see.