Defense Discussion [2017]

CentralFC

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Rob DemovskyESPN Staff Writer 

We may not know if the Packers defense can stop anyone who's any good for a few more weeks. Next up on the schedule: Cincinnati and Chicago -- two teams that have combined to score 31 points in four total games, fewer than the Falcons scored in Sunday night's win.

Sounds like good news to me.

7 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Sounds like good news to me.

Yep.

Didn't think Cincy would be this bad, but the Bears are who we thought they'd be. Great break in the schedule to get these back to back at home.

I would love to give some guys who need to heal up get the next couple of weeks off, get by with ho-hum effort wins, and get healthy to battle Dallas in 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Yep.

Didn't think Cincy would be this bad, but the Bears are who we thought they'd be. Great break in the schedule to get these back to back at home.

I would love to give some guys who need to heal up the next couple of weeks off, get by with ho-hum effort wins, and get healthy to battle Dallas in 3 weeks.

Yeah can heal. Maybe build some confidence and cohesion on defense too.

Praying none of that injuries are super serious...

11 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Yep.

I would love to give some guys who need to heal up get the next couple of weeks off, get by with ho-hum effort wins, and get healthy to battle Dallas in 3 weeks.

I see what you did there, well done

2 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Rob DemovskyESPN Staff Writer 

We may not know if the Packers defense can stop anyone who's any good for a few more weeks. Next up on the schedule: Cincinnati and Chicago -- two teams that have combined to score 31 points in four total games, fewer than the Falcons scored in Sunday night's win.

The most important part of the equation is who on the defense is playing.  Judging a defense with several integral missing parts and comparing it to a defense that's healthy in comparison is no comparison at all.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

SF has a top 10 Defense.  Or is that premature.

Why is anything premature at this point? Sheesh we're two weeks in. A nobody Carolina team went 15-1 two years ago, last year no one considered ATL better than the 8-8 team they'd always been. The NFL is consistently inconsistent.

Seattle showed that yah, they are that bad offensively.

Atlanta could have rung up 50 points or more if they wanted to.  And you have to factor in the Dome Opener.  That was going to be a rough one for anybody.

Still.....No.  Not a top 10 defense.  

Good news, it doesn't have to be.  I'll take top 15 if it can create some turnovers.  And I think it will.  

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

huh?

Just that SF did about as good a job vs Seattle (on the road) as we did (at home). And they gave up 23 to Carolina despite utter ineptitude on offense in both games.

So is SF a top 10 D?  

HOU, BUF, CAR, BAL, KC, PHI, MIN, TB, DEN, SEA, ATL, NYG are all head and shoulders better than this squad IMO.

I'd take SF, ARI, TEN, JAX, NE, MIA, SD, LAR above GB at this point too.

Archived