What would a WR have to do to win season MVP?

notthatbluestuff

Be like Moss 2007 but have your QB be a Wentz / Foles or Montana / Young combo where the starter misses 5+ games so they don't take your MVP.

Then have no QB have really low interceptions because voters are too stupid to look past that?

I really think if Kupp had 5 more TDs and Rodgers 5 more interceptions then Kupp would have gotten between 10 and 20 votes.

Maybe he wins 18 16 14 2 with Brady and Rodgers?

Edited by SkippyX

It'll never be done. Ever. 

QB = 45x.

RB = 14x. 

FB = 4x (50s and 60s). 

Defense = 2x (1971 and 1986). 

Kicker = 1x (1982).  

WR = 0x. 

TE = 0x. 

O-Line = 0x. 

It'll never happen.

Just ask Cooper Kupp (Aaron Rodgers won it 2021).

Because this is a QB driven league (sometimes RB) and even if a WR records 200 catches for 3,000 receiving yards and 50 TDs; just imagine what his QBs numbers would look like @ the end of the year?

It'll never happen. 

Once again Cooper Kupp not winning league MVP was the best thing that could of ever happen to not only himself but the 2021 Rams.

SB MVP sounds better anyways. He wasn't winning MVP and the SB. Odds and the streak was / is still against it. Last time it occured was by two HOF'RS. 

Kurt Warner for QB

TD for non QB's

Take the Ring

Edited by Nabbs4u

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Once again Cooper Kupp not winning league MVP was the best thing that could of ever happen to not only himself but the 2021 Rams.

SB MVP sounds better anyways. He wasn't winning MVP and the SB. Odds and the streak was / is still against it. Last time it occured was by two HOF'RS. 

Kurt Warner for QB

TD for non QB's

Take the Ring

I strongly disagree. 

What Copper Kupp did was much more impressive than what Aaron Rodgers did and arguably the greatest single season WR year within NFL history.  

An NFL MVP going to the WR position would've been awesome for the game of Football because A.) The WR position has never done it before. B.) It would've been great for the WR position. C.) It would've let current WRs and future WRs know it's possible and D.) Would've set a STANDARD for the WR position (moving forward).

Cooper Kupp not winning the MVP award was absolutely, criminal. 

6 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Cooper Kupp not winning the MVP award was absolutely, criminal. 

You missed the point. Pretty sure Kupp would rather have a SB Ring.

No player since 

Kurt Warner has won league MVP and the SB in the same season. Last Non QB was Terrell Davis.

It's not that it will never ever happen again but why tempt fate? Play the odds. 

If a receiver have the type of season Kupp had plus running the ball like Deebo had this season add to being a weapon like Hester or D-Jax was back in the day on special teams I can see a receiver winning one year. The problem is if a receiver does all of that I cant see that receiver lasting the full 17 games so the numbers wont be enough to warrant the MVP.

I will say that if Kupp have a similar season next season then maybe he will win it just bc he didnt win it this season when most people said he shouldve won plus the postseason run he had. 

2 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

If deebo or Cordelle do this would it be enough

1200 rush yards

11 TDs

1400 Rec yards

12 TDs

a couple return TDs

2 passing TDs

I was just about to post a minimum of 2,000 yds and 20TD. We had WR's reach each category but never both in the same season.

Any WR/RB puts up 2,600 and 24TD has a legit shot. Rightfully so.