If Mahomes and Rodgers swapped teams at the start of the season...

notthatbluestuff

imo the answer is probably similar and similar

While GB has the better offensive line, I would say overall the Chiefs have a slightly better supporting cast

but I don't think the swap would catapult one over the other, or drop one off significantly

• Like 2

First of all the idea of Rodgers having that supporting cast is just soooo tantalizing. Oh it would be beautiful.

As far as tangible, measurable differences!? Honestly, I think it'd all kinda come out in the wash. I think it would end up pretty similar at the end of the day.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Pretty much identical. Packers and Chiefs are pretty much the same team.

Ehhhh...Chiefs pass catchers are waaaay better. Remove the top WR on each team, and the Chiefs still have a pretty damn solid corps of receiving options, while the Packers probably have the worst in the league, easily.

• Like 1

The Packers end up a marginally better team probably, but it might not be hugely reflective in their stats.

18 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Outcome would be the same imo, add Russell Wilson to the list too. 

Whichever team that ends up with Wilson would see a significant drop off

49 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

imo the answer is probably similar and similar

While GB has the better offensive line, I would say overall the Chiefs have a slightly better supporting cast

but I don't think the swap would catapult one over the other, or drop one off significantly

Agreed. I think the one caveat is that while both would do well with the other, Adams is GREAT for Aaron, and Hill is GREAT for Mahomes

Rodgers has the better oline and rbs, imo. #1 wr's are equal in value different in talent.

While Tonyan has been surprisingly good, he is no kelce.

Their depth for both teams outside of that is a bunch of JAGs. With guys who maybe have a big game here or there.

The hugh difference to me is the KC play calling and design. Their presnap movements, creativity, exotic looking formations is really like nothing I've seen from any other team. It's like they run a play call and design lab out there, where Bieniemy with Reid are in lab coats coming up with super effective, creative stuff.

I think Rodgers would benefit greatly from that and Mahomes would miss some of that and production would skew in favor of Rodgers (who is already having a more efficient year and slightly more dominant)

My question is, does Bieniemy come up with this stuff or is it Reid. If Eric, then sign me up.

• Like 2

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

Rodgers has the better oline and rbs, imo. #1 wr's are equal in value different in talent.

While Tonyan has been surprisingly good, he is no kelce.

Their depth for both teams outside of that is a bunch of JAGs. With guys who maybe have a big game here or there.

The hugh difference to me is the KC play calling and design. Their presnap movements, creativity, exotic looking formations is really like nothing I've seen from any other team. It's like they run a play call and design lab out there, where Bieniemy with Reid are in lab coats coming up with super effective, creative stuff.

I think Rodgers would benefit greatly from that and Mahomes would miss some of that and production would skew in favor of Rodgers (who is already having a more efficient year and slightly more dominant)

My question is, does Bieniemy come up with this stuff or is it Reid. If Eric, then sign me up.

Yes i mean the hugh difference. It's the Hugh Jackman effect.

I'm going to go contrary and say neither would do as well despite saying both are the top 2 QBs by a landslide. 

When I watch the Chiefs, often times Mahomes is pulling straight up Houdini tricks to get the ball to people. Not that Rodgers doesn't have some magic tricks of his own, I just don't see the same gunslinger mentality that Mahomes has. 

As for the Packers...it's the personnell. Even with their offense usually being very machine-like in efficiency, Rodgers is still having to make his kind of magic happen with lesser talented players than Mahomes has to work with. 

I know it's totally against the grain, but I could see Rodgers' more conservative style not being as effective in KC, and I could see Mahomes' improv skills not making magic with less talent around him. It's important to note I don't think either would fail, but I just don't know that we'd be seeing the type year they're having this year if they swapped places.

• Like 3

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

It's important to note I don't think either would fail, but I just don't know that we'd be seeing the type year they're having this year if they swapped places.

I'd agree.
Much of Rodgers improvement this year comes from being in Year 2 of MLF's offense and the familiarity that comes from knowing exactly when & where his WRs, TEs and RBs are going to be. He had to learn new footwork after 13 years and then marry that up with the pass catchers.
There's also the issue of divisional/conference familiarity - Mahomes knows the AFC West Teams, but has a lot less experience vs the NFC North

In order for these guys to play at the elite levels they've played - it takes some time to assimilate any changes in personnel/scheme/opponents. The Packers OL is used to Rodgers' manipulative cadence, the Chiefs OL isn't. I understand the general question here - but the finer details are what makes the difference between very good -> great ->  MVP level performances and for that reason I think they'd both be a step behind their 2020 results

• Like 3