Jaguars clinch first overall selection in 2021 Draft

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, pwny said:

Really if they plan to shake up the OL, signing a veteran should definitely be the play. Scherff, Trent Williams, or even someone like Okung is probably going to be better immediately than anyone we could draft. It wouldn’t be the worst idea to draft someone with the intention of starting in 2022/as depth for injury. 

Yea if we’re that worried about a rookie OL getting Lawrence killed as a rookie then the veteran play is the best idea. Iirc though those guys have some injury questions so we might need to cover ourselves there

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I disagree. The cost to move up from the 20s is going to be too high to go to 12/13. We have so many holes we need these picks

I agree. I'd much rather keep the 4 picks in the top 46 and infuse as much young talent into this roster as possible.

With as many picks we have we should be able to hit on at least 3-4 long term starters and several solid depth guys.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I disagree. The cost to move up from the 20s is going to be too high to go to 12/13. We have so many holes we need these picks

In 2019, the Steelers dealt their SRP in 2019 and 3rd round pick in 2020 to move from 20 to 10.  In 2018, the Saints traded a 5th and a future FRP to move up from 27 to 14.

2 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Is there any scenario where you could see Jags passing on Lawrence? 

Also Jags fans has it been worth it to get here? 

What happens to Minshew and what are the thoughts on his projection going forward?

Nope.

Yes.

I hope he stays on as our backup. I always envisioned him being our Philly version of Nick Foles.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Is there any scenario where you could see Jags passing on Lawrence? 

Also Jags fans has it been worth it to get here? 

What happens to Minshew and what are the thoughts on his projection going forward?

The only situation where we pass on Lawrence is if Shad Khan goes public with a plan to Major League the city to move. Literally nothing else will justify a team that’s quite clearly given up on the QBs on their roster passing up on a generational QB.

Worth it? Nah. Hell for over a decade, and being the laughing stock of the league for years and years has just sucked. If we turn into a dynasty as a result of this, then sure. But otherwise, it would have been cool to just draft Watson and maybe have been able to win a title in 2017.

He really wants to be a starter, and he’s probably good enough to start somewhere for a year or two until a team can find their guy. He’d be a great backup and that would be ideal for us. But we’ll see; I could see a team that misses out on a rookie throwing us a 5th or so for him. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:
On 12/30/2020 at 12:52 PM, CWood21 said:

In 2019, the Steelers dealt their SRP in 2019 and 3rd round pick in 2020 to move from 20 to 10.  In 2018, the Saints traded a 5th and a future FRP to move up from 27 to 14.

Yea i dont like any of that

I don't see trading the Rams Pick in the 1st and 2nd and a 2022 3rd to move up to 10-12 as that bad tbh. Obviously the Rams would need to miss the playoffs or lose in the WC for that to be a real option

On 12/30/2020 at 7:53 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea if we’re that worried about a rookie OL getting Lawrence killed as a rookie then the veteran play is the best idea. Iirc though those guys have some injury questions so we might need to cover ourselves there

Yeah, I’d prefer a vet blocking for Lawrence. FA looks thin after Trent Williams and Taylor Moton. Wonder if guys like Tyron Smith, Trent Brown, or Anthony Costanzo will be potential cap casualties?